CHENNAI - The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA) Thursday formally cancelled the licence of Pritam Insurance Brokers - now known as Mount Shikhar Insurance Brokers.
KOLKATA - Port and pollution control authorities will assess the environmental damage from an oil spill after two container vessels collided in West Bengal's Hooghly river Nov 22.
NEW DELHI - The potential of science and technology, like the development of genetically modified crops to improve productivity, cannot be ignored in the reforms process, renowned economist Jagdish Bhagwati said here Thursday.
KOLKATA - Concerned over the unfettered entry of Bangladeshi vessels into Indian territory through a canal in West Bengal's South 24 Pargans district, the Indian Navy Thursday said it has asked the customs officials to set up a check post in the area.
CHENNAI - Citing the upward trend in cotton and yarn prices, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M. Karunanidhi Thursday urged Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to suspend cotton exports and cap cotton yarn exports as well as levy an export duty on it with immediate effect.
- Pranab welcomes Premji’s charity pledge
- Democracy India’s strength regardless of Chinese model: Bhagwati
- Karnataka woos European tourists, investors with road shows
- Realty, banking stocks rise, Sensex closes 142 points up (Roundup)
- Ethiopia gets 16,000 Indian chickens to spur poultry industry
- RCom, Genpact bag Symantec luminary awards
- 1,100 businesses closed daily in Britain during recession
- Second Liquidity Adjustment Facility : Auction Results
- India sees greater trade with Ethiopia thanks to tariff pact
- India’s mobile connections at 687.71 million
- IT consumerism makes security critical for enterprises
- Proud Jorhat village showcases its young entrepreneurial talent
- Data on ECB/FCCB for October 2010
- Emerging powers like India should head IMF, World Bank: IMF chief
- Indian economy’s growth to match IMF forecast
- Azim Premji to transfer two billion to trust supporting education
- Results of Underwriting Auctions
- Mobile connections touched 687.71 million in September
- New Nepal casino targets Indians in UP, Bihar
- Unique identification number launched in northeast India
- Kerala delaying Kochi project, insists Smart City Dubai
- Toyota India Eyes Production Hike
- Fed Reserve gave $9 trillion emergency loans to US banks
- RBI Reference Rate for US $ and Euro
- Sensex holding on to gains, Asian cues positive
- Food inflation dips to four-month low at 8.6 percent
- Liquidity Adjustment Facility : Auction Results
- Etios Launch Makes Toyota Upbeat