CHICAGO - Over 325 flights were cancelled at Chicago's O'Hare International Airport due to heavy snowfall Saturday morning, reports Xinhua.
KOLKATA - The government is on course to reaching its target of mopping up direct tax revenue of Rs 4.30 lakh crore this year, Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee said Saturday.
AGRA - Thousands of foreign and domestic tourists were asked to leave the precincts of the Taj Mahal just before French President Nicolas Sarkozy and his wife Carla Bruni came to visit the hitoric monument Saturday. Many others could not even enter though holding valid tickets.
CHANDIGARH - The farm equipment wing of automobile giant Mahindra and Mahindra Saturday announced its tie-up with Italian company Maschio-Gaspardo, a leading global brand manufacturing rotary tillage equipment.
NEW DELHI/BANGALORE - Aviation regulator, Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) Saturday said the airline industry should be reasonable and transparent on the air fare pricing issue.
- ICICI Bank hikes lending, deposit rates
- Sarkozy wants more Indians to learn French
- Spain declares emergency to beat off wildcat air strike
- Pawar favours introducing GM crops in India
- ‘Filthy, expensive Goa no longer attracts German tourists’
- Sex ratio, literacy rate of Tibetans-in-exile up: survey
- India’s forex reserves slump by over $4 bn
- Sensex snaps 3-week losing streak, gains 830 points (Weekly Market Review)
- Belgium seeks strong ties with India in IT, gems and jewellery
- BlackBerry to provide India access to messenger services
- Tamil Nadu officials to estimate rain damages
- Majority Chinese charities don’t disclose financial data
- US adds less jobs in a sluggish economy
- Spanish military takes over air traffic control after strike