BHUBANESWAR - The movement against South Korean steel major POSCO's $12 billion project in Orissa's Jagatsinghpur district got a boost with leaders of various political parties Tuesday announcing their support to the agitation led by the people likely to be displaced.
MUMBAI - A benchmark index for Indian equities markets surged 623 points Tuesday, a day after the presentation of the budget for 2011-12, as investor sentiment was particularly boosted by the steps to attract foreign investors, including overseas funds and mutual funds.
NEW DELHI - Industry lobby Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) Tuesday welcomed the classification of cold chain (storage) and fertiliser industry as agriculture infrastructure in the federal budget 2011-12 presented by Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee Monday.
BANGALORE - Bosch India Ltd posted Rs.859 crore profit for calendar year 2010, registering a strong 45 percent year-on-year (YoY) growth over 2009, the Indian subsidiary of the global German automotive major said Tuesday.
NEW DELHI - A total of 286 projects in various sectors, including construction projects, are awaiting environmental clearance, Environment Minister Jairam Ramesh told parliament Tuesday.
- Hero Honda’s February sales up 23 percent
- Some states against FDI in multi-brand retail: Montek
- Indian automobile sector’s February sales soar (Roundup)
- Day after budget people wonder if they are really better off
- Kerala IT team to visit global infotech fair
- Singhvi withdraws himself from JPC
- Micra drives up Nissan sales
- Excise duty on coal to increase cement prices: Birla Corp
- Tata Motors logs 12 pc sales growth in February
- Sensex surges 623 points on budget proposals (Second Lead)
- Rs.40,000 crore disinvestment target will be met: Patel
- Super senior citizens hail income tax sops
- China’s US debt holdings at $1.16 trillion
- Ford records growth in February sales
- Tokyo Sky Tree becomes world’s tallest tower
- Budget proposals sharply push up Indian equities
- Late night, little security, they counted Delhi’s homeless
- Left government in Tripura unhappy with budget, protests
- Hyundai’s February sales down 4.8 percent
- TVS Motor sales up by 24 percent in February
- Maruti Suzuki’s February sales up 15.5 percent
- India’s merchandise exports up in January, oil imports down
- Telangana supporters disrupt train traffic (Second Lead)
- Day after budget, Mukherjee warns of challenges ahead
- Malaysia allows entry of 45,000 foreign workers
- Day after budget, Indian equities still rule strong
- India budget will spur investment: US chamber
- Help at hand for young entrepreneurs
- Hyderabad, other parts of Telangana hit by rail blockade
- US stocks rise on Buffett optimism
- Japanese stocks rise on US gains, declining oil prices
- Protesters demanding Telangana block rail traffic
- Priority to more foodgrain production to curb inflation: Pranab
- Rs.34,000 crore in taxes from money kept abroad: Pranab
- Mukherjee generous to poll-bound Bengal