NEW DELHI - Industry lobby Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) Tuesday welcomed the classification of cold chain (storage) and fertiliser industry as agriculture infrastructure in the federal budget 2011-12 presented by Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee Monday.
NEW DELHI - A total of 286 projects in various sectors, including construction projects, are awaiting environmental clearance, Environment Minister Jairam Ramesh told parliament Tuesday.
NEW DELHI - Two-wheeler major Hero Honda Motors Monday reported an increase of more than 23 percent in its sales figure for February, which stood at 4,72,055 units over 382,096 units in the corresponding month last year.
NEW DELHI - Some state governments in India have expressed reservations against foreign direct investment (FDI) in multi-brand retail and said they won't allow it even if the federal government chose to do so, Planning Commission Deputy Chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia said Tuesday.
NEW DELHI/CHENNAI - The Indian automobile industry Tuesday reported good sales numbers for the month of February, prompted by a growing economy, increasing disposable incomes and low interest rates.
- Day after budget people wonder if they are really better off
- Singhvi withdraws himself from JPC
- Rs.40,000 crore disinvestment target will be met: Patel
- Super senior citizens hail income tax sops
- Late night, little security, they counted Delhi’s homeless
- Hyundai’s February sales down 4.8 percent
- Maruti Suzuki’s February sales up 15.5 percent
- India’s merchandise exports up in January, oil imports down
- Day after budget, Mukherjee warns of challenges ahead
- Priority to more foodgrain production to curb inflation: Pranab
- Rs.34,000 crore in taxes from money kept abroad: Pranab
- Libya unrest: 68 Indians land in Mumbai, 3,000 more on the way (Intro Night Lead)
- Libya unrest: 68 Indians land in Mumbai, 3,000 more on the way (Night Lead)
- Use incentives to build affordable housing: Selja
- Pesky calls to nag for some more time
- Indian economy grows 8.2 percent in third quarter
- Thanks for sparing us more headache, housewives thank FM
- Interest subsidy on Rs.15 lakh housing loan: Mukherjee
- Use incentives to build affordable housing: Minister
- India Inc welcomes budget 2011-12 (Roundup)
- Service tax payers get relief from audit
- Bouquets and brickbats for Pranab’s budget
- 11 percent hike in defence budget to push modernisation (Second Lead)
- Budget: Mega food parks to help in storage
- Income tax exemption limit raised to Rs.1.8 lakh
- Telecom industry disappointed at ‘discouraging’ budget
- Traders book profits after initial euphoria over budget (Roundup)
- Budgetary boost to space research, atomic energy
- Industry chambers welcome ‘development-oriented’ budget
- CII welcomes inclusive growth oriented Budget 2011-12
- Allocation for northeast doubled to Rs.8,000 crore
- Tourism gets 10 percent hike in budget
- Rural development to get 12 percent more
- Budget sops welcomed by young and old alike
- Budget: What may become cheaper, what could be dearer