DAKAR, Senegal - An international aid agency says 400 children have died from lead poisoning in northwestern Nigeria and contamination has spread to two more villages.
UNITED NATIONS - French President Nicolas Sarkozy on Monday pledged to boost aid to the world's poorest by 20 percent over the next three years and issued a plea for other developed nations to join him in meeting U.N.
LAGOS, Nigeria - Nigeria's electoral commission asked Sunday to delay the upcoming presidential election in Africa's most populous nation by several months, warning that the January poll date wouldn't give workers enough time to conduct a new voter registration drive.
UNITED NATIONS - At the dawn of the new millennium, world leaders pledged to tackle poverty, disease, ignorance and inequality - and went beyond generalities to commit themselves to specific goals.
ABUJA, Nigeria - President Goodluck Jonathan announced Wednesday on Facebook that he will run in the oil-rich nation's January election, ending months of speculation over his plans after he assumed power following the death of Nigeria's elected leader.
- Oil driller claims 2nd offshore oil find for Ghana
- Nigeria to hold presidential election on Jan. 22
- US pressure leads to ban on beggars in Dakar
- Ponzi scheme shakes West African nation of Benin
- Some donated malaria drugs being stolen in Africa
- Report: Nigeria on cusp of 'demographic disaster'
- Nigeria: Shell says $1.1B oil pipeline nearly done
- Oil-rich but candlelit Nigeria seeks power upgrade
- Nigeria: State power company workers go on strike
- FAA grants Nigeria its highest air safety rating
- Zimbabwe gem sale stirs 'blood diamond' fears
- Exxon Mobil lifts production warning in Nigeria
- Body scanners going unused at Nigeria airports
- Nigeria: Search called off for missing oil worker
- Renowned aid worker Jacques Montouroy dies
- Young Senegalese try to wrestle way out of poverty
- Total buys a Chevron offshore Nigerian oil stake
- Nigeria: Officials backpedal on state oil finances
- Nigeria: 'Insolvent' state oil company needs $6.6B
- Kenya to get Brazil's help to produce biodiesel
- Court rejects Pfizer appeal of Nigerians' lawsuits
- Cocoa rises on weather worries, technical trading
- Work suffers, parties thrive during World Cup
- Shell: $40B in Nigerian investments in jeopardy
- Environmental damage looms in Nigerian lead crisis
- Nigeria: 160 die from lead as villages seek gold
- Nigerian government gives $3.3B airline bailout
- New manager of Nigeria's state oil company fired
- Nigeria: Shell can't meet oil production target
- Nigeria: Fire hits Shell pipeline; Eni fixes flow
- Italian oil field in Nigeria resumes production
- Nigeria President Yar'Adua dies after long illness
- Brazil's Vale buys stake in British BSG Resources
- Nigeria: Militant group claims oil pipeline attack
- Major disruption at Italian oil field in Nigeria