Energy And The Environment
MONTPELIER, Vt. - Shot down once, the owners of the Vermont Yankee nuclear plant continue pushing for a second vote by state lawmakers for a license extension allowing it to stay open past 2012.
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. - Fertilized with federal stimulus money, 100 new wind turbines have cropped up among the soybean fields of northwest Missouri, and they're generating some high-voltage sparks in Missouri's U.S.
DENVER - Energy-efficient technology for batteries, grids and power storage will be trendy in 2010, according to a study released Wednesday on clean energy technology.
WASHINGTON - The White House is promoting a $5 billion increase in tax breaks for clean energy manufacturing in hopes of contributing to job growth and expanded use of renewable energy.
- Legislation will help NH's poor pay electric bills
- NM, other states compete for energy development
- Green fuel for jetliners to be mixed at Anacortes
- NY energy plan pushes conservation, solar and wind
- Obama promotes home energy-efficiency spending
- Obama promotes home energy efficiency program
- Obama to pitch energy-saving home remodeling
- Obama touting home energy efficiency program
- Poll: Action on climate will heat up economy, jobs
- No decision on Oyster Creek cooling towers
- Developing countries end boycott at climate talks
- Company wants to turn fat into fuel at Iowa plant
- US reveals fund for green tech in poor nations
- World's mayors tackle climate change on their own
- New Year's energy resolutions that really pay off
- Senators propose new approach to climate issue
- Indiana energy efficiency order wins wide approval
- Swiss stop pioneering geothermal project
- Tri-State, environmentalists reach regulatory deal
- GE gets $1.4B pact to supply wind farm turbines
- NYC passes energy-efficiency bills for buildings
- Judge halts W.Va. wind farm due to endangered bats
- GE chief hopes Copenhagen leads to US clean energy
- Obama lays out initiative to relieve joblessness
- Obama: TARP funds for small business
- Obama looks at highways, small biz in jobs plan