TRENTON, N.J. - Under pressure from the Obama administration, Republican Gov.
PROVIDENCE, R.I. - Independent Rhode Island gubernatorial Lincoln Chafee's old Senate campaign committee failed to pay federal and state taxes for five years and owes an estimated $18,400 in taxes and penalties, a campaign aide told The Associated Press on Thursday.
BRUSSELS - The European Union on Thursday backed the introduction of an EU-wide tax on bank profits and pay packages, but sidestepped the key question of what the revenue should be used for.
OLYMPIA, Wash. - The state that produced America's richest man has never taken a cut of its residents' income.
NEW YORK - Changes in the way the Internal Revenue Service gives information about taxpayers to tax preparers will hurt H&R Block Inc.'s profit next year, CEO Alan Bennett told shareholders Thursday.
- IRS scales back rule on disclosing iffy tax breaks
- AP Exclusive: Tax status of bowl games challenged
- SPIN METER: Largest tax increase ever? Not quite
- It's tax time again for some business owners
- Expiring tax cuts hit taxpayers at every level
- Small business credit measure clears Senate hurdle
- Senate Republicans say they'll block tax increase
- Ore. budget outlook: pink slips, business rebates
- ADWATCH: Ads attacking health plan miss some facts
- 'Crocodile Dundee' to return to US amid tax fray
- Builders of NYC mosque face financial hurdles
- More Dems buck plan to let taxes increase for rich
- Texas lawmaker vows to correct billing mistakes
- Texas lawmaker he doubled-billed for travel
- Calif. says Bell got $3M in illegal property taxes
- IRS to end release of taxpayer debt information
- Democrats try to jump-start budget negotiations
- Paperwork nightmare: A struggle to fix new law
- City with big salaries has high property tax bills
- Pay czar will not fight banks on $1.6B in exec pay
- Renewal of Bush tax cuts could be only temporary
- Proposed Fla. tax relief amendment under attack
- Questions over abortion in new federal health plan
- Steinbrenner heirs may save millions on estate tax
- Hundreds in 'big house' get homebuyer tax credits
- Brown's tale of frugality omits $1.8 million home
- Jobless aid, tax bill hits Senate roadblock again
- House passes tax cut for small-business investment
- Gulf residents angry about BP and claims process
- Loyalty takes butler from poor Nepal village to NY
- Businesses, homeowners appeal Michigan tax bills
- Calif. Democrats propose nearly $5B in new taxes
- Fla. GOP Senate hopeful's income grew with power
- Federal budget deficit hits April record
- Kan. gov. to sign sales tax increase this month