NEW DELHI - Telecom service provider Vodafone Essar Thursday will launch its third generation (3G) services in the first quarter of 2011 in 10 circles in which the company has won spectrum.
DHAKA - Bangladeshs population is now 164.4 million, up from 156 million a decade back, the UN Population Fund (UNFPA) has said.
TORONTO - Agreeing with Apple boss Steve Jobs' claim Monday that "we've now passed RIM (Research in Motion) and I don't see them catching up with us in the foreseeable future,'' technology and financial analysts here say the BlackBerry maker RIM and Google are now no match for Apple.
MUMBAI - India's second largest cement producer ACC Ltd Thursday announced a 77 percent decline in profit for the quarter ended Sep 30 on lower production due to plant shutdown.
THRISSUR - Private sector South Indian Bank (SIB) Thursday declared its highest ever quarterly net profit of Rs.77.00 crore for the second quarter as against Rs.72.56 crore for the corresponding period of the previous year.
- Last Day For Coal India IPO Subscription
- Cochin Shipyard bags Rs.1,500 cr Coast Guard order
- RBI Reference Rate for US $ and Euro
- India’s annual food inflation falls to 15.53 percent
- China’s economic growth slows to 9.6 percent third quarter
- Liquidity Adjustment Facility : Auction Results
- BlackBerry boss hits out at Apple’s Steve Jobs
- Pakistan turns down World Bank, ADB loan
- Tokyo shares mixed on yen’s ups and downs, US gains