ARLINGTON - Volkswagen has been given top marks by the American Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) which rated a total of six Volkswagen models as the "Top Safety Pick 2011".
RICHMOND, Va. - Troubled coal mine operator Massey Energy Co.
CHARLESTON, W.Va. - Gov. Joe Manchin's aides filed suit Wednesday against Obama administration coal mining policies as the West Virginia Democrat wages a fierce Senate race against a Republican who paints him as a rubber stamp for the president.
FREDERICKSBURG, Va. - Once a month, just after midnight, the beeping checkout scanners at a Walmart just off Interstate 95 come alive in a chorus of financial desperation.
SAN FRANCISCO - USA Today is eliminating 35 jobs from its newsroom as it de-emphasizes its print edition and feeds more content to mobile devices.
- Potential Northrop Grumman shipyard buyer emerges
- Trade group pushes against menthol cig ban
- NBA fines Wizards owner for salary-cap comments
- NBA owner praises NHL's hard salary cap
- Firm makes itself test case for lower-risk tobacco
- Obama faults himself for not selling health law
- Obama, White House boosting health law at 6 months
- CarMax 2Q profit rises on used car sales
- ICF, SkyWorks create new aviation advisory firm
- Events, ideas and destinations for fall travel
- Obama sees areas for compromise with GOP
- Obama says his policies have stabilized economy
- Judge to hear legal arguments of Obama health plan
- Smithfield to sell its half of Butterball
- Smithfield to sell its stake in Butterball
- Lawmakers wrestle with rail access to new SC port
- Norfolk Southern opens new $191M route to Midwest
- TNS to buy Cequint for up to $112.5 million
- Freddie Mac to issue new 5-year note due 2015
- Smithfield posts 1Q profit on higher pork prices
- Smithfield reports 1st-quarter profit
- ITT gets $19.9 million order from Army
- August Auto Sales: Volkswagen
- E-cigs gaining steam amid calls for a ban
- Gannett names new publisher for Vermont paper
- CACI awarded portion of $16.4 billion IT contract
- Top to bottom, Shanahan takes charge of Redskins
- SAIC gets share of $492M contract
- Regulators shut 4 California banks, 4 others
- Regulators shut 3 banks in Fla, Va
- Bristol feeling economic pinch in selling tickets
- Norfolk Southern completes Va rail upgrades
- Publisher of USAToday.com to retire in November
- Smithfield Foods exec Poulson to retire
- Gates likes military's plans to reinvest savings