GENEVA - A former top Swiss private banking executive turned WikiLeaks collaborator was found guilty Wednesday by a Zurich court of violating bank secrecy, attempted coercion and sending threatening letters.
GENEVA - Swiss pharmaceutical giant Novartis posted a third quarter profit of nearly $2.3 billion Thursday - up 10 percent on the same period last year.
GENEVA - Seeing light at the end of the tunnel will be more than just a catch phrase when Swiss engineers blast through the last Alpine granite barrier Oct 15 at the Gotthard Base Tunnel - the world's longest rail tunnel.
GENEVA - A Swiss government committee on Monday published new rules requiring the country's two biggest banks to increase their capital reserves beyond international standards agreed last month.
GENEVA - Swiss bank UBS AG says it won't be paying dividends "for some time" as it seeks to bolster its capital reserves to meet new rules designed to protect banks from sudden collapse.
- WTO says US ban on Chinese poultry is illegal
- Envoys argue over 'slumbering' Geneva nuke talks
- UN's Ban urges end to inertia at Geneva talks
- UN session seeks to kick-start stalled nuke talks
- EU aims to comply with WTO ruling on tech tariffs
- Stevie Wonder to UN: Ease copyrights for the blind
- Denmark's TDC sells Swiss subsidiary for $3.2B
- Swiss keep key interest rate unchanged at 0.25 pct
- Europe claims WTO ruling in Boeing case as victory
- France claims WTO ruling in Boeing case as victory
- US loses ground in competitiveness report
- Swiss economy grew 0.9 percent in second quarter
- Airlines back in profit in second quarter
- Novartis takes control of eye care firm Alcon
- US appeals own win in WTO spat over EU Airbus aid
- Cement maker Holcim sees Q2 profit drop 12 percent
- EU loses case over taxes on US, Asian tech goods
- Adecco posts Q2 net profit of $127 million
- Nestle makes $5B half-year profit, raises outlook
- WTO rules against Australian ban on NZ apples
- Zurich Financial sees Q2 profit halved to $707M
- Swiss Re reports $812 million Q2 profit
- Swatch half-year net profit up 54 percent
- UBS posts second-quarter profit of $1.9 billion
- Roche half-year profit rises 37 percent to $5.3B
- EU appeals trade ruling condemning Airbus aid
- WTO probes US ban on clove cigarettes
- WHO criticizes Amnesty report into NKorea health
- Drug maker Novartis' Q2 profit up 19 percent
- Drug maker Novartis says 2Q profit up 19 percent
- UN food safety meeting sets melamine limit
- WTO rules government aid for Airbus illegal
- Airbus calls for trade talks as WTO ruling looms
- Swatch founder Hayek dead at 82
- BIS: World economy still fragile