WASHINGTON - The Senate has passed a stopgap spending bill that's needed to avert a government shutdown on Friday, paving the way for a battle-weary Congress to bolt Washington for the fall campaign.
WASHINGTON - A deeply unpopular Congress is bolting for the campaign trail without finishing its most basic job - approving a budget for the government year that begins on Friday.
ORLANDO, Fla. - The NFL received its highest grade ever for racial diversity hiring practices but is still behind on hiring women.
NEW YORK - Fifty years after Malcolm X met with Fidel Castro in New York in the midst of the Cold War the Cuban people still rely on the support of African-Americans, Cuba's foreign minister said.
CHICAGO - The last time Chicago was left without a Daley at the helm, the next mayor was thrown out of office by voters angry because he couldn't keep snow off the streets.
- Economy 101: Jobless rate widens for black workers
- Judge OKs Kodak's settlement of race-based lawsuit
- Black Hills energy executive to retire next year
- Former AP reporter, features writer Loh dies at 79
- Ousted worker Sherrod rejects return to Ag agency
- Ind. ruling halts caregiver choices based on race
- On vacation, Obama tends to summer reading list
- Black caucus reels from ethics, election setbacks
- Ousted USDA employee Sherrod plans to sue blogger
- Republicans block small business lending bill
- Small business lending bill at impasse in Senate
- Despite Sherrod spotlight, black farmers denied
- A look at the history of USDA discrimination suits
- Father's death turning point for fired ag official
- WH apologizes to fired Ag worker; she mulls return
- Racial firestorm surrounds USDA employee's ouster
- USDA reconsiders employee ouster over race remarks
- NAACP retracts criticism of USDA worker
- USDA worker quits over racism charge from video
- Negro Leagues baseball featured on new stamps
- New stamps to honor Negro League baseball
- First lady touts anti-childhood obesity initiative
- Highlights of Senate tax and spending bill
- CAPITAL CULTURE: Slaves who built Capitol honored
- South Africa revels in its World Cup moment
- Highlights of House tax and spending bill
- Highlights of House and Senate spending bills
- Court says black firefighter lawsuit can proceed
- Frederick Douglass' church joins endangered list
- State parks, sites among most endangered in US
- With a month to go, World Cup of contrasts awaits
- Daunting task ahead to secure Detroit's future
- CAPITAL CULTURE: Arlington graves cover black city
- Black or biracial? Census forces a choice for some
- Obamas: $5.5 million income, $1.8 million tax bill