WASHINGTON - There's no relief from the jobs crisis - for everyday Americans or lawmakers facing the midterm elections.
WASHINGTON - Businesses have hired 8.1 million workers under a new program that provides tax breaks for hiring unemployed workers, the Treasury Department said Friday.
BLADENSBURG, Md. - President Barack Obama is conceding that tough days carry on for millions of unemployed people, but he is heralding another month of modest job growth in the private sector.
WASHINGTON - A wave of government layoffs in September outpaced weak hiring in the private sector, pushing down the nation's payrolls by a net total of 95,000 jobs.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama will offer his thoughts on the government's latest employment report after he tours a small business in suburban Washington.
- Economy likely creating some jobs, but not enough
- E-mails: Vilsack hastily decided to oust Sherrod
- Obama sends foreclosure docs bill back to Congress
- Obama issues pocket veto of foreclosure docs bill
- Obama won't sign foreclosure docs bill
- Suburbs take hit as US poverty climbs in downturn
- 4 candidates for RI governor meet in 1st TV debate
- Obama asks New Jersey donors for help
- AG Holder says Justice looking into foreclosures
- W.Va. gov in tough Senate race sues administration
- US seeks big vote on Russia nuclear arms pact
- Rand Paul, national Democrats escalate ad war
- GOP-allied group weighs in with $4 million in ads
- Bank bailout supporters struggling for re-election
- IRS asked to examine big-spending GOP-allied group
- Fed boss: Threat from deficits 'real and growing'
- Emanuel begins campaign for mayor in Chicago
- Economy tops Obama's agenda on Monday
- SPIN METER: Business group turns on past allies
- US: China, ASEAN should strengthen Spratlys pact
- Will voters believe Dem or GOP message on economy?
- Health overhaul centerpiece endures growing pains
- Vermont nuke plant still lobbying for new license
- Paul: Social Security age may need to be raised
- Economy pitch mainly a blame game for both parties
- Farmer Jon: US Sen. spends weekends plowing fields
- In election, Brazil's Silva hopes for victory lap
- Economy gets lift from government aid
- White House: Stimulus law working as promised
- August construction spending up 0.4 percent
- Boehner urges congressional reform as vote nears
- Lawyer says Whitman's husband saw ex-maid letter
- Women a key on Nov. 2; Dems' gender edge closing?
- Whitman fires back about illegal immigrant maid
- Medicaid enrollment spikes to 48M in weak economy