WASHINGTON - Failure is not an option on health care, a leading Democratic senator said Monday, even as Republicans turned up the heat on moderates who hold the fate of the legislation in their hands.
Schoolteacher Kinzi Blair makes only $46,000 a year, but she has what many would consider a "Cadillac" health plan, now targeted for a big tax increase by health reformers.
CHARLESTON, W.Va. - West Virginia will likely be sued by most - if not all - of its 55 county school boards, after the Legislature shot down Gov.
CONCORD, N.H. - Moving company owner Michael Stamm thinks if New Hampshire wants to mandate paid sick days for his business, New Hampshire should pay for them, not him.
PHOENIX - Arizona legislators report back to work Monday to try to conclude a special session that had been expected to end last week.
- Schumer: Dems ready to go-it-alone on health care
- Mammogram guidelines spark debate over health bill
- Senate moderates frustrate other Democrats on bill
- Durbin says deadline looming for health care bill
- Biden says Senate handed Obama a big victory
- Historic health care bill clears Senate hurdle
- Senate vote under way on 1st test of health care
- Historic health care bill nears key Senate vote
- Dems snare 60 votes to move ahead on health care
- Dems have 60 for health care; Lincoln a 'yes'
- Comparison of Democratic health care bills
- Moderate Dems pivotal in Saturday health care vote
- US Panel sets fees for big firms, aims to slow Fed
- Panel sets fees for big firms, aims to rein in Fed
- Obama faces showdowns on health, Afghanistan, jobs
- Democrats promise jobs bill
- AP News in Brief
- Bill would cause increase in Medicare premiums
- AP sources: Senate weighs long-term care program
- Senate approves budget for veterans programs
- AP sources: Long-term care in Senate health bill
- AP POLL: How to pay for health overhaul? Tax rich
- AP POLL: Paying for health overhaul? Tax the rich