ALBANY, N.Y. - The Republican candidate for New York governor on Thursday accused his Democratic opponent, Andrew Cuomo, of lying after Cuomo retracted his claim that he had voted for New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg.
BUFFALO, N.Y. - Lawyers for the dominant Indian nation in New York's lucrative tax-free cigarette market told a federal judge Thursday that the tribe should remain exempt from the state's plans to tax most reservation smokeshop sales because the plans interfere with the tribe's right to govern itself.
ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. - Buffalo Bills players became at least the fifth NFL team to vote in favor of giving the NFL Players Association the right to decertify in the event of a lockout next year.
BUFFALO, N.Y. - A New York appeals court on Tuesday lifted a temporary order blocking the state from collecting taxes on cigarettes sold by Native American stores to non-Indian customers.
BUFFALO, N.Y. - Two American Indian nations in western New York have won a temporary reprieve from the state's plans to tax cigarette sales to non-Indian customers.
- Judge blocks NY plan to tax reservation cigarettes
- A look at the 50 largest US banks and thrifts
- NY judge won't block cig tax; federal order sought
- Judge declines to block NY tax on cigarettes
- Possibly tainted meats sold at Walmart recalled
- Senecas want exemption from NY cigarette tax
- First Niagara to buy NewAlliance for $1.15B
- Swedish Hill captures New York's wine trophy
- Cigarettes seized between NY Indian reservations
- Split ruling from NY judge on cigarette regulation
- M&T Bank 2Q profit quadruples; credit losses slide
- NY judge extends hold on mail-order cigarette law
- Colorado bison meat recalled after link to E. coli
- As Spitzer did a cycle ago, Cuomo tries to take NY
- Obama wants light on Wall Street's shadowy deals
- Obama: Recession goes on for those without jobs
- Obama to talk small business agenda in Buffalo
- GM NY plant lands new V8 engine
- AP-GfK Poll: Americans shifting to US cars
- M&T 1Q profit more than doubles as sour loans fall
- The four cities that best weathered the recession
- Gibraltar Industries 4Q loss widens, stock falls
- THE INFLUENCE GAME: Toyota's powerful DC friends
- NY New Era plant survives, Ala. plant to close
- Bills hire Chan Gailey as head coach
- AP sources: Buffalo Bills hire Gailey as coach
- AP source: Buffalo Bills hire Chan Gailey as coach
- Amid concussion talk, fans want to keep big hits
- Tops to pay $85M for Penn Traffic's supermarkets
- Sen. Schumer: Bills not eyeing move to L.A.
- Missing NY pension checks located, being delivered
- New York pension checks are in the mail _ really
- NFL Today
- FAA chief reluctant to raise minimum pilot hours
- First Niagara seeks to convert to commercial bank