CAIRO - Mahmoud Abdellatif, the head of Bank of Alexandria, said Monday that banking transactions were more positive than expected after the bank reopened this week, regional news network al-Arabiya reported.
CAIRO - Egypt's credit rating and economic outlook have been downgraded by rating agencies due to the ongoing political unrest.
CAIRO - Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak Saturday met with ministers holding economic portfolios and the head of the central bank at the presidential palace in Cairo, state media reported.
CAIRO - Coca-Cola Co. and Nestle SA have decided to close their operations in Egypt, the Wall Street Journal reported.
CAIRO - Leaders of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries are set to meet next week in the United Arab Emirates capital Abu Dhabi, where the bloc was founded about 30 years ago.
- IMF: Mideast recovering well from global slump
- Paper: Egyptian publisher sacks dissident editor
- US, European envoys pressing to save Mideast talks
- Egypt's Orascom faces new Algeria tax bill
- Egypt reactor failed in April says nuclear chief
- Bahrain bans reporting on held Shiite activists
- Egypt picks site for its first nuclear power plant
- Egypt announces site of first nuclear power plant
- Iranian president offers friendship to the US
- Saudi airline halts services after $266 mn loss
- Russia's grain ban showcases Egypt's love of bread
- Mubarak says economy is Egypt's top priority
- Egypt projects budget deficit drop
- Egypt: basis to move to direct peace talks lacking
- Libyan ship with aid for Gaza reaches Egypt port
- Libyan ship carrying aid for Gaza heads for Egypt
- Averting showdown, Gaza-bound ship heads for Egypt
- Libya aid ship moving again, heading to Egypt
- Disgruntled employee kills 6 in Egypt rampage
- Egypt fights smoking with new tobacco tax
- Saudi gold reserves over twice previous estimate
- Bahrain-based bank targets its Saudi parent
- Global poll shows Muslims leery of US and Obama
- Mixed feelings define Mubarak's children in Egypt
- Egypt cracks down on smoking in Alexandria
- OPEC: 2010 demand picture uncertain
- Surging costs hit food security in poorer nations
- Egypt’s first low-cost carrier takes to the air
- IMF: Mideast, NAfrica economies rebounding in 2010
- Egypt detains NY passenger with guns in luggage
- First non-Latin Internet domain names activated
- Mubarak warns about "chaos" amid reform push
- From meat to wages, economic woes fuel Egypt anger
- Egypt signs $2B refinery deal with China
- US aid cuts hit Egypt's democracy groups