PROVIDENCE, R.I. - Rhode Island Democratic candidate for governor Frank Caprio on Friday criticized his independent rival Lincoln Chafee over Chafee's acknowledgment that his old Senate campaign committee of $18,400 in back taxes and fees due to a misunderstanding of tax regulations by his campaign treasurers.
PUEBLO, Colo. - Democratic Sen. Michael Bennet ramped up criticism of his Republican challenger Thursday, pounding on the podium in his third debate with Republican Ken Buck and accusing his opponent of flip-flopping on Social Security and taxation.
LAS VEGAS - Republican Brian Sandoval and Democrat Rory Reid took turns calling each other liars during the opening moments of the second gubernatorial debate.
PROVIDENCE, R.I. - Independent Rhode Island gubernatorial Lincoln Chafee's old Senate campaign committee failed to pay federal and state taxes for five years and owes an estimated $18,400 in taxes and penalties, a campaign aide told The Associated Press on Thursday.
BRISTOL, R.I. - Independent candidate for governor Lincoln Chafee defended his plan to impose a sales tax on groceries, medications and other exempt items during a debate Wednesday in which his Democratic rival pointed to his own cost-cutting record as proof that he's the best qualified to deal with Rhode Island's financial problems.
- Obama asks New Jersey donors for help
- Trade with China, bailouts roil Pa. Senate race
- Conn. gov hopefuls spar over death penalty, TV ads
- Vt. gov candidates spar over future of nuke plant
- Wis. governor candidates compete to be cheapest
- Rand Paul, national Democrats escalate ad war
- GOP-allied group weighs in with $4 million in ads
- NFL flags Wis. senator's ad for using Moss clip
- NFL flags Sen. Feingold's ad for using Moss clip
- IRS asked to examine big-spending GOP-allied group
- Murkowski to stations: Don't air tea party ad
- Biotech debate turns tart in Mass. governor's race
- Emanuel begins campaign for mayor in Chicago
- SPIN METER: Business group turns on past allies
- Vermont nuke plant still lobbying for new license
- Brazilians voting to replace popular leader Silva
- Whitman blames opponent for housekeeper flap
- Whitman looks to regain momentum in second debate
- POLITICAL INSIDER: Filibuster the top priority
- Boehner urges congressional reform as vote nears
- Women a key on Nov. 2; Dems' gender edge closing?
- House clears stopgap spending bill for Obama
- Whitman denies she knew housekeeper was illegal
- Senate adopts stopgap spending bill
- Congress punts tough choice until after election
- GOP groups overwhelm Dems with political ads
- Polarized Minn. gov. race leaves opening for indie
- Money, economy hobble Democrat in Ind. Senate race
- Rep. Frank denies Clinton stop indicates weakness
- AP-GfK Poll: GOP more fired up as elections near
- A wary O'Donnell tries to repeat her magic in Del.
- Dems try to deflect voter anger toward Wall Street
- Tax, spending cuts top GOP campaign-year 'Pledge'
- AP Exclusive: Tax status of bowl games challenged
- Obama, White House boosting health law at 6 months