CARACAS, Venezuela - Venezuelan government officials took over management of a leading farm supply business Tuesday after President Hugo Chavez ordered the company to be expropriated.
CARACAS, Venezuela - Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez signed a decree Monday to expropriate a leading farm-supply business, promising to bring down prices of seeds and fertilizers as his government takes control.
CARACAS, Venezuela - Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez promised on Monday to bring down prices of seeds and fertilizer as his government takes over a leading farm-supply business.
CARACAS, Venezuela - Venezuela is awaiting the results of congressional elections, and President Hugo Chavez's opponents are hoping to break his long-standing monopoly on power in the National Assembly.
CARACAS, Venezuela - An electoral official accused President Hugo Chavez and his allies of breaking campaign laws by using state-run media to berate rivals and praise friends ahead of this month's legislative elections.
- Farmer-turned-hunger striker dies in Venezuela
- Chavez's popularity down in Venezuela, polls finds
- Venezuelan newspaper says photo ban political
- Venezuela bans violent photos in newspaper
- Earnings drop at Venezuela's state oil company
- BP's Dudley to visit Russia 2 years after ejection
- Despite Chavez, Venezuela economy not socialist
- Dutch, Venezuelan diplomats discuss differences
- Venezuela denounces Colombia accusations on rebels
- Chavez formalizes seizure of US-owned oil rigs
- US envoy concerned about relations with Venezuela
- Venezuela seizes oil rigs owned by US company
- Chavez shuffles Cabinet ahead of elections
- Chavez: Venezuela looks to seize banker's assets
- Venezuela takes control of another private bank
- Chavez targets alcohol, smoking in Venezuela
- Chavez lifts electricity rationing in Venezuela
- Venezuela relaunches market for currency exchange
- Venezuela inflation dips to 2.6 pct in May
- Venezuela to relaunch market for currency exchange
- Venezuela sets up bond market with new controls
- Chavez: Rotten food at state-run port stinks
- Business leaders deny plotting against Chavez
- Workers in Venezuela on alert after Chavez warning
- Venezuela economy down 5.8 percent in 1st quarter
- 4 brokerage executives arrested in Venezuela
- Venezuela temporarily halts bond trading
- Pro-Chavez lawmakers tighten currency controls
- Venezuela expropriates Mexican-owned food company
- Offshore natural gas platform sinks off Venezuela
- Pro-Chavez lawmakers to tighten currency controls
- Venezuela importers: Chavez strangling business
- Ex-diplomat: Venezuela farm seizure a vendetta
- Venezuela annual inflation rate hits 30 percent
- Chavez raises sword before militia loyalists