WASHINGTON - A wave of government layoffs in September outpaced weak hiring in the private sector, pushing down the nation's payrolls by a net total of 95,000 jobs.
WASHINGTON - Companies likely added a small number of jobs last month, but hardly enough to bring much relief to the nation's 15 million unemployed.
CHARLOTTE, N.C. - The second-largest bottler of Coca-Cola products in the nation will pay $495,000 to settle a federal case involving charges of racially discriminatory hiring practices.
MENOMONEE FALLS, Wis. - Kohl's Corp.
CHERRY VALLEY, Ill. - Martina Love had two words to describe the job fair hosted Tuesday by Scott Lee Cohen, the independent candidate for Illinois governor: false advertisement.
- NATO coalition works to hand business to Afghans
- Holiday hiring picture gets a bit merrier
- Calif. governor's race upended by immigrant maid
- Business casual needn't apply: Paris is outrageous
- Longshoremen returning to work at NJ, NY ports
- Toys R Us to hire 45,000 workers for holidays
- Despite economy, Americans don't want farm work
- Dealing with political discussion in the workplace
- The recession is over! So where's the party?
- College football coaches try balancing job, health
- Penguins offer freebie game with job-hunting twist
- Dems try to tap voter anger over job loss overseas
- It's tax time again for some business owners
- Harley board confirms Wis. plants to stay open
- Gold slides on reassuring jobs, trade reports
- Bosses: Give workers time off for school events
- Despite hiring, US unemployment rate seems frozen
- Unemployment rate rises as labor force expands
- New postage stamp honors Mother Teresa
- Survey: Workers remain nervous about employment
- As US military bases close, Iraqis left behind
- Scarcity of jobs puts more at risk of foreclosure
- Paraguay's president works from home during chemo
- For Idaho refugees, a job search ends in Oregon
- For some refugees, job search ends at Oregon dairy
- Union head urges workers to confront 'job-cutters'
- Questions abound, JoePa still going at Penn State
- Company job openings drop for 2nd straight month
- Forced to retire, some take Social Security early
- Iowa RB Jewel Hampton seeks starting job
- Nev. board slashes state employee benefits, costs
- Stock futures edge higher ahead of jobs reports
- Stocks rise on jobs, service sector growth
- West Corp. plans job fair to add 300 jobs in Omaha
- New business owners end up doing juggling acts