NEW YORK - Imagine if every decision you made at work was scrutinized by millions of people and your livelihood was essentially tied to the performance of a bunch of college students.
When sports agent Jason Paul Wood met a pair of Miami baseball players in 2006 to talk about turning pro, his failure to notify the university and register with the state of Florida cost him a $2,500 fine.
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. - Joe Paterno is now peerless in his profession.
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. - A group of prominent college football coaches joined in a conference call with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, the NCAA and others to address problems with unscrupulous agents that have led to investigations at several schools this summer.
FREETOWN, Sierra Leone - Hundreds of mourners accompanied the casket of French national and legendary aid worker Jacques Montouroy as his coffin was carried down the streets in a farewell to a man known for delivering food in parts of the world no else dared enter.
- NABC tells coaches NCAA will nix Pump Foundation
- Georgia's Green says he's never been to Miami
- USA Swimming partners with child welfare group
- NFL assistant coaches might unionize
- UConn's Calhoun signs 5-year, $13M contract
- Hornets interview Johnson, Casey for coaching job
- 76ers fire coach Jordan
- Pitt extends Dixon's contract
- Skinner fired as Boston College basketball coach
- Al Skinner out as Boston College basketball coach
- Martin agrees to contract extension with K-State
- Gerald Wallace's long road to the All-Star game
- Coach says alleged affair hurt '98 US soccer team
- Kansas coach Gill making $2 million per year
- Bills hire Chan Gailey as head coach
- AP sources: Buffalo Bills hire Gailey as coach
- AP source: Buffalo Bills hire Chan Gailey as coach
- Del Rio staying in Jacksonville amid USC reports
- Jags' Del Rio says he is staying in Jacksonville
- Carroll can't wait to start coaching Seahawks
- Redskins fire coach Jim Zorn after 4-12 season
- And now, it's Jimbo Fisher's turn at FSU
- Coaches stress high but no physicals required
- Kansas' Mangino says school investigating incident
- AP News in Brief