CHICAGO - Grain futures gained Friday on the Chicago Board of Trade.
NEW YORK - The Dow Jones industrial average closed above 11,000 for the first time in five months Friday as hopes built that the Federal Reserve will take more action to get the economy going again.
GRAINS RALLY: Grain prices soared Friday after a government report showed this year's corn harvest might be smaller than initially expected.
Grain prices soared Friday after a government report showed this year's corn harvest might be smaller than initially expected.
NEW YORK - Stocks rose Friday after another weak report on unemployment added to expectations that the Federal Reserve will step in to prop up the economy.
- Dow strikes 11,000 as world markets recover
- Gasoline pump prices still rising with higher oil
- Stocks rise on hopes of Fed move, Dow touches 11k
- Stocks waver on expectations of Fed move
- Stocks edge higher on expectations of Fed move
- Weak US jobs data keeps stocks in retreat
- Stock futures dip after jobs report
- Stock futures off lows after jobs report
- Stock futures slip ahead of monthly jobs report
- Stock markets down ahead of US jobs data
- Oil falls below $81 as markets await jobs report
- Oil sits below $82 as markets await US jobs report
- Asian shares retreat as strong yen batters Japan
- Summary Box: Gold, metals give away some gains
- Gold, metals give away some gains
- Grains futures mostly rise, livestock prices drop
- Oil surge ends as prices settle below $82
- Daqo shares gain in market debut after pricing low
- Natural gas stocks grow more than expected
- Oil prices drop as demand concerns resurface
- World markets down as yen hits new 15-year-high
- Oil heads for $84 in Asia amid US dollar slide
- Oil hovers above $83 in Asia amid US dollar slide
- Asian markets down after yen hits new 15-year-high
- Grains futures, livestock prices slide
- Summary Box: Gold hits record on inflation fears
- Gold hits another record as inflation fears grow
- Stocks dip, Treasury yields drop after jobs data
- Oil prices rise again with falling dollar
- Stocks mixed, Treasury yields drop after jobs data
- Oil hovers below $83 ahead of new market data
- Oil rises above $83 as equities gain, dollar drops
- Oil hovers below $83 after US crude supply jump
- Summary Box: Grains rally as gold hits new record
- Grains rally as gold hits new record