ALBANY, N.Y. - Former New York state Comptroller Alan Hevesi has turned himself in and will plead guilty to a felony corruption charge for taking gifts while running the state's multibillion dollar pension fund, a person close to the investigation told The Associated Press.
SPOKANE, Wash. - State and federal agencies asked a federal judge Wednesday to approve a new cleanup schedule for the Hanford nuclear reservation, the nation's most polluted nuclear weapons site.
BELL, Calif. - There was a time in this modest blue-collar community when Mayor Oscar Hernandez was all but hailed as a superhero, the big friendly guy who said hello to everybody when he wasn't busy greeting them at his venerable corner grocery store.
BOSTON - Three real estate investors, two mortgage brokers and a disbarred attorney have been indicted for allegedly participating in a complex scheme to defraud homeowners and mortgage lenders in the Boston area, authorities announced Tuesday.
- Pacific WebWorks says it is settling Google suit
- Hedge fund operator Rajaratnam pleads not guilty
- New York man charged in $35 million Ponzi scheme
- Trial set for Miss. woman in money laundering case
- French judge targets Chirac over party jobs scam
- Judge sets January 2011 trial in Stanford case
- Legal fees mount in Madoff liquidation
- China holds US engineer on trade secrets charge
- Mass. man charged with stealing from investors
- Former Lazard banker accused of insider trading
- Ex-lawmaker convicted of rape: Name is copyrighted
- Christian goods spoof commercial brands or logos
- Judge rejects rest of Broadcom backdating case
- NYC hedge fund manager indicted in trading case
- Puerto Ricans arrested in health insurance scam
- Judge tosses case against 2 former Broadcom execs
- La. suspect's lawyer asks out of Ponzi scheme case
- The North Face files lawsuit against parody
- Fla. man pleads guilty in Haitian Ponzi scheme
- China finds $1.5 billion held by corrupt officials
- Flynt wins partial victory in fight over his name
- New Orleans official accused in kickback scheme
- NYC man gets 6 years in $33M Ponzi scheme
- Feds probe Calif. investor in Madoff affair
- North Dakota man seeks probation in tax fraud case
- Fund manager pleads guilty to fraud charges
- Legal case debates classiness of Flynt family smut
- Porn feud begs question: Whose smut is classier?
- 1 year later, fallout from Madoff's massive fraud
- Ex-lawyer admits guilt in insider trading case
- Ex-lawyer admits guilt in NYC insider trading case
- P&G sued over Whitestrips patent
- Judge halts W.Va. wind farm due to endangered bats
- Tenn. man gets 14 years in $33M Ponzi scheme
- Lawmakers blast SIPC, Madoff bankruptcy trustee