HAVANA - Cuba has upped already-high gasoline prices by about 10 percent amid sweeping changes to the economy, a move that could lead to grumbling among cash-strapped islanders, particularly private taxi drivers who are not allowed to raise their own prices.
HAVANA - Cuba's communist leaders mapped out a brave new world of free enterprise on Friday, approving a laundry list of small-time businesses, allowing islanders to take on employees and even promising credit to burgeoning entrepreneurs.
HAVANA - Cuba is calling workers across the island to special meetings so labor leaders can brief them on half a million government layoffs coming in the next six months and suggest ways that those fired can make a living.
NEW YORK - Fifty years after Malcolm X met with Fidel Castro in New York in the midst of the Cold War the Cuban people still rely on the support of African-Americans, Cuba's foreign minister said.
MIAMI - The U.S. Senate has confirmed the new director of the office that oversees the U.S.
- Cuba offers 19 ways Obama can loosen US embargo
- Cuba criticizes Obama for keeping embargo
- Self-employment key to Cuban economic overhaul
- Document charts Cuba's path to economic reform
- Cuba's leaders lay out details for layoffs
- Cuba to cut 500,000 gov't workers, reform salaries
- Castro says he was misinterpreted on Cuban economy
- Fidel latest to say Cuba's communism doesn't work
- Fidel Castro says Cuban model doesn't work
- Report: Castro says Cuban model doesn't work
- Irreverent Cuban movie promises zombie revolution
- Cuba eases property laws, could open door to golf
- Cuba embraces 2 surprising free-market reforms
- Europe Needs You! (If you're a goldsmith or cook)
- Celebrities, attacks on mom? It's Fla.'s Dem race
- Guevara _ the sprinter _ backs Cuban golf tourney
- Cuba cuts US food imports 28 percent in early '09
- Texas Rangers auction delayed for bidding review
- Ryan, Cuban face bidding war for Texas Rangers
- Raul Castro says state will reduce economic role
- Fidel Castro absent as Cuban parliament opens
- Cuba: Deficit lower than expected for 2010
- Fidel absent, Raul silent at Cuba's Revolution Day
- No sign of Fidel Castro at Revolution Day event
- Raul Castro prepares Cuban Revolution Day speech
- Despite Chavez, Venezuela economy not socialist
- Jobless in Cuba? Communism faces the unthinkable
- Cuban prisoners face uncertain future in Spain
- Cuban dissident ends 134-day hunger strike
- Cuba political inmates told to prepare for release
- Plan to convert Ill. prison to supermax on track
- Cuban dissidents cheer bill to end US travel ban
- Report: China, Cuba more peaceful than US
- Cubans state radio warns against hoarding rice
- Cuba OKs residential projects linked to resorts