Debt And Bond Markets
NEW YORK - When the stock market hit its all-time high three years ago - three years that somehow seem much longer - Bob Auer's life was very, very easy.
NEW YORK - Rates on 30-year mortgages fell to the lowest level in decades for the ninth time in 12 weeks, pushed down by traders anticipating a move by the Federal Reserve to pump more money into the economy.
NEW YORK - Stocks closed mostly lower Wednesday after a disappointing report on the jobs market renewed concern about the economy.
NEW YORK - Any doubt that the Federal Reserve will launch a new effort to stimulate the economy seemed to evaporate Wednesday as Treasury rates plummeted to record lows.
NEW YORK - Stocks traded in a tight range Wednesday after a disappointing report on the jobs market renewed concern about the economy.
- Stock futures flat, Treasury yields plummet
- World stocks rise on hopes for Fed policy easing
- Asian stocks rise on hopes for Fed policy easing
- Treasurys mixed after upbeat service sector data
- EU pushes China on currency _ but action unlikely
- Stock rise following Japan's move on yen
- Pa.'s troubled capital city seeks state's help
- Europe debt crisis rolls on as Irish bailouts grow
- Ireland to pump billions more into failed banks
- JPMorgan suspends certain foreclosures
- 'Toxic bank' cement truck blocks Irish parliament
- Renewed European debt fears weigh on markets
- Biden: Democratic base should 'stop whining'
- Interest rates fell at weekly Treasury auction
- EU commissioner: no debt restructuring
- Treasurys rise as investors bet Fed will buy bonds
- Stocks climb after Fed holds off of buying bonds
- SPIN METER: Largest tax increase ever? Not quite
- Stocks waver ahead of Federal Reserve decisions
- Stock futures rise on jump in housing starts
- Irish sell $2B in bonds as eurozone debt fears ebb
- Ireland sells $2B in bonds as debt fears ease
- Stock futures narrowly mixed ahead of Fed meeting
- Irish borrowing costs at new high on debt worries
- Higher imports widen broadest gauge of trade gap
- Treasurys are mixed; Short-dated bonds rise
- UK lawmakers: Major defense review has been rushed
- Greece raises $1.5 billion in debt sale
- Rates on 3-month and 6-month Treasury bills rise
- Motorists fill tanks ahead of Greek strike
- Paul says GOP shares blame for deficits
- Rendell marshals aid for troubled Pa. capital city
- Greek protesters to confront thrifty government
- Interest rates climb for 3rd straight day
- Greek rate of deficit reduction slows