WASHINGTON - Federal inspectors have reopened an investigation into complaints by Food and Drug Administration scientists who say they were pressured by their managers to approve high-tech medical scanners that could pose harm to patients.
GREENVILLE, S.C. - USA Cycling CEO Sean Petty says the sport's drug testing methods surpass all other major sports and have been effective at catching cheaters.
NEW YORK - Pfizer Inc., the world's biggest seller of drugs for people, now is looking to make more bucks from Fido, Fifi and farm animals.
WASHINGTON - It's hard to predict which pills will best lower which patient's high blood pressure, but researchers are hunting ways to better personalize therapy - perhaps even using a blood test.
MISLEADING DNA: Federal investigators issued a report Thursday saying the results of genetic testing kits appear misleading and unreliable for predicting inheritable diseases.
- Missouri governor lets abortion law take effect
- Union remains skeptical about HGH test's validity
- J&J cuts 2 deals for diabetes treatment
- Overtreated: More medical care isn't always better
- Overtreated: Bleeding for colds, X-rays for shoes
- GE invests in $5M in heart disease test maker
- New Okla. anti-abortion law temporarily blocked
- Conn. woman alleges genetic discrimination at work
- Abortion-rights group sues to block Okla. bill
- Selig: MLB's science adviser examining HGH test
- J&J: FDA rejects highly touted anesthesia system
- Okla. lawmakers approve several abortion bills
- Gilead starts late stage tests of 4-in-1- HIV drug
- Healthy Domingo opens NY restaurant, ready to sing
- Staffer: FDA suppressed imaging safety concerns
- WADA president calls on MLB to test for HGH
- FDA critiques Medtronic's MRI-compatible pacemaker
- Selig: Too soon to determine if HGH test valid
- Cancer society casts more doubt on prostate tests
- Medical scan makers to install radiation controls
- Zapping fibroids with heat in hunt for new options
- CDC: MRIs, other medical scans in ER quadruple
- FDA aims to rein in radiation-based medical scans
- Poor being turned away from free cancer screenings
- Senate votes to keep Medicare cuts in health bill
- Medicare cuts stay in Senate's health care bill
- Senate casts first votes to overhaul health care
- Senate casts 1st votes to overhaul health care
- Mammogram guidelines spark debate over health bill
- GOP: Health test recommendations could affect care
- Hologic slips as panel recommends fewer mammograms
- New advice: Skip mammograms in 40s, start at 50