Diseases And Conditions
WASHINGTON - Abbott Laboratories said Friday it will withdraw its diet pill Meridia in the U.S.
Ten-year-old Parker Salinas considers herself one lucky little girl and a lifelong believer in the power of pink.
NEW YORK - The breast cancer awareness movement's dynamic duo, Evelyn Lauder and Elizabeth Hurley, have watched their audience evolve in nearly two decades of promoting the pink ribbon, matching lipsticks and mammograms.
DAKAR, Senegal - An international aid agency says 400 children have died from lead poisoning in northwestern Nigeria and contamination has spread to two more villages.
TRENTON, N.J. - Johnson & Johnson said Wednesday it is buying Holland's Crucell NV for about $2.41 billion, marking the American health care giant's latest effort to gain a big foothold in the coveted vaccine business.
- U of Minnesota, Mayo to expand diabetes research
- Few hearing-impaired callers reach IRS help line
- Michelle Obama promotes health in Disney campaign
- WTO says US ban on Chinese poultry is illegal
- Sanofi loses cancer drug patent fight in Del.
- Nestle to invest $500M in medicinal foods business
- $93,000 cancer drug: How much is a life worth?
- Amgen recalls anemia drugs due to glass flakes
- Summary Box: US, Europe restrict Avandia use
- Timeline of events for diabetes pill Avandia
- Congress changes intellectual disability wording
- US restricts, EU bans controversial diabetes pill
- FDA restricts use of controversial diabetes pill
- Number of fat people in US to grow, report says
- European agency says Avandia should be pulled
- Some families win under new health care provisions
- Egg company heads give Congress few answers
- Egg company chiefs give Congress few answers
- Owner of Iowa egg farm won't testify at hearing
- Lawmaker: A 'disturbing picture' of egg production
- Novartis gains FDA approval for new MS drug
- Egg companies to apologize for outbreak
- Egg company to apologize for outbreak
- Egg companies to testify before Congress
- Sanofi reports positive results with diabetes drug
- Iowa farm owner invited to testify in recall probe
- Boston Scientific to buy privately held Asthmatx
- Stevie Wonder to UN: Ease copyrights for the blind
- Spiriva as good as Serevent in asthma study
- FDA delays decision on breast cancer drug Avastin
- FDA reviewing cancer risk with diabetes pill Actos
- Johnson & Johnson plans to buy Crucell for $2.3B
- Congress wants information from Maine egg farms
- FDA panel says 'no' to experimental diet pill
- Pfizer seeking to expand animal health business