District Of Columbia
WASHINGTON - Former Agriculture Department employee Shirley Sherrod pleaded with officials to hear her out after she was ousted from the USDA during a racial firestorm in July, internal e-mails show.
WASHINGTON - The White House on Thursday defended granting waivers to some employers from a key provision of the new health care law, saying it was the best way to keep people insured until the law fully takes effect.
WASHINGTON - A deep-pocketed alliance with ties to top Republicans Karl Rove and Ed Gillespie is pumping more than $4 million into key Senate races in a single week of advertising, a crucial infusion to counter a surge in Democratic Party spending as Election Day draws near.
WASHINGTON - George Washington is best known as a general and statesman, but this week a group of experts was more interested in another one of the first president's talents: making peach brandy.
WASHINGTON - Forget about the midterm elections and speculation about West Wing personnel shake-ups.
- Emanuel begins campaign for mayor in Chicago
- Regulators close small Florida, Wash. banks
- White House: Stimulus law working as promised
- Sally Buzbee named AP Washington bureau chief
- Boehner urges congressional reform as vote nears
- Former Washington Post publisher portrait subject
- Danaher to acquire Keithley Instruments for $341M
- Recession rips at US marriages, expands income gap
- Census data: Weddings in 2009 at record low level
- Amtrak reveals vision for East high-speed rail
- Census data: Marriages in 2009 at record low level
- CAPITAL CULTURE: DC readers detour to book index
- Obama returning U. of Wis. to court young voters
- White House, Dems see tax cut vote after election
- White House sees tax cut action after election
- China rises and rises, yet still gets foreign aid
- Regulators shut banks in Florida, Washington state
- Obama, SEast Asian leaders urge free navigation
- Michelle Obama hosts UN spouses at NY farm
- Nationals president Stan Kasten leaving club
- Obama tells UN leaders world has dodged depression
- White House: Picking new econ adviser not imminent
- Obama faults himself for not selling health law
- Obama, White House boosting health law at 6 months
- White House looks to boost health law at 6 months
- Obama's top economic adviser leaving White House
- Top economic adviser to leave White House
- Unemployment rises in 27 states last month
- FACT CHECK: Was GM-Chrysler rescue a blank check?
- Obama says much more work needed on economy
- Obama picks consumer adviser, dodging Senate fight
- Obama to name consumer advocate to new post Friday
- White House defends stimulus, highlights projects
- Cuba offers 19 ways Obama can loosen US embargo
- White House sends spending wish list to Congress