WASHINGTON - Federal investigators are examining whether the California utility whose natural gas pipeline explosion killed at least eight people had an adequate emergency response plan, a government spokesman said Wednesday amid disclosures that such plans are effectively withheld from the public and industry watchdogs.
DUBLIN - Ireland's cost of borrowing slid on bond markets Friday as investors took a positive view of the country's latest efforts to take control of Europe's worst deficit and a titanic bank-bailout effort.
BEIJING - China spent tens of billions of dollars on a dazzling 2008 Olympics.
WASHINGTON - The government has raised $706.3 million from the sale of warrants it held in The Hartford Financial Services Group.
DUBLIN - Ireland's cost of borrowing reached its highest point in the euro era Monday as investors sold off government bonds on speculation of financial and government instability.
- Treasury to auction 52M Hartford warrants Tuesday
- Senate passes small business credit measure
- Small business credit measure clears Senate hurdle
- Ex-Lehman CEO says regulators refused to save firm
- Regulators defend actions on Lehman, Wachovia
- Ferries take people off NC island ahead of Earl
- Lincoln turns re-election bid into earmark defense
- BOK chief: World needs financial safety net
- Watchdog panel cites global impact of US bailout
- Black caucus reels from ethics, election setbacks
- Study: I-JOBS stimulus plan created 7,000 new jobs
- IMF: China currency undervalued but policy sound
- Europe gets better debt news from Germany, Spain
- EU under pressure to finalize rescue fund
- Goldman CFO says firm lost money on risky deals
- World leaders and their issues before G-20 summit
- Can Europe cut its way back to economic health?
- Toyota is latest car maker hit by strike in China
- EU companies: debt crisis is hurting recovery
- WHO: Pharma interests didn't influence flu verdict
- Hungary backtracks on talk about default
- G-20 finance chiefs agree on need to curb deficits
- Hungary's deficit talk rattles financial markets
- Trash piles removed at biggest co-op complex in US
- World Bank meet: G20 agenda should add development
- Did 2004 Olympics spark Greek financial crisis?
- Did Olympics help Greek financial crisis?
- Trichet sees need for 'budgetary federation'
- Serbia to tap loan amid slower recovery
- Ill. House OKs borrowing, emergency budget plan
- Treasury sells Wells Fargo warrants for $840.4M
- Fed officials divided over timing of asset sales
- German trading curbs weigh on markets
- Argentina: Greek financial rescue doomed to fail
- SKorea: Economy can withstand NKorea tensions