SALAMANCA, Spain - Fernando Llorente scored twice to help world champion Spain beat Lithuania 3-1 Friday in a 2012 European Championship qualifier.
LONDON - Kraft Chief Executive Irene Rosenfeld made her first visit to British chocolate maker Cadbury's historic base in Bournville, England, on Friday to meet management and employees.
PARIS - The French oil refiners' union warned Friday that a dock workers' strike in Marseille threatens to shut six refineries in southern France beginning this weekend.
LONDON - The Dow Jones index breached the 11,000 mark for the first time since May as world stocks recovered Friday on mounting expectations that the Federal Reserve will ease monetary policy further next month following weak U.S.
LONDON - The Premier League approved the proposed sale of Liverpool to the American owners of the Boston Red Sox on Friday, and could end up docking the club nine points if the takeover falls through.
- Landmark London hotel to reopen after overhaul
- BP trading unit review eyes emerging markets
- Weak US jobs data keeps stocks in retreat
- Euro defense companies warn against program cuts
- Stock markets down ahead of US jobs data
- Premier: China won't block rare earth exports
- German exports dip on the month
- Rocket with US-Russian crew blasts off
- Russian spy Chapman waves goodbye to astronauts
- Hungary's MAL Rt. is 15-year-old aluminum company
- A look at PepsiCo Inc.'s 3Q results by segment
- Cyprus, Russia boost ties with 15 agreements
- Allied Irish to sell M&T Bank stake valued at $2B
- World stocks volatile as eyes turn to US jobs data
- US foundation pledges $140 million for Albania
- Currency volatility threatens growth, Trichet says
- ECB's Trichet warns on currency volatility
- EU backs bank tax, fuzzy on use of revenue
- French report suggests hotels in chateaux
- PepsiCo's 3Q profit rises, but narrows guidance
- ECB leaves interest rate unchanged at 1 percent
- World markets flat but dollar slide continues
- EU backs bank levy, fuzzy on use of revenue
- Renault sells $4.2B stake in truck maker Volvo
- Liverpool fans skeptical of another American owner
- Marks and Spencer sales up 5.3 pct in last quarter
- Eurostar chooses Siemens to build new trains
- BP, Azerbaijan reach Caspian Sea oil deal
- Markets await Trichet's comments on strong euro
- Red Sox group set for takeover of Liverpool team
- Algeria signs 6 Russia deals during Medvedev visit
- GE's Dresser deal taps into the natural gas boom
- Major airlines oppose plane subsidies for rivals
- Homegrown fundraising harnesses power of the pink
- Chinese PM dismisses EU criticism