JOHANNESBURG - Management of South Africa's airports will reimburse hundreds of fans who missed a World Cup semifinal because of congestion at the Durban airport.
MADRID - International tourism grew by seven percent to more than 258 million arrivals in the first four months of 2010, up from the corresponding period in 2009, the Madrid-based United Nations World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO) said Tuesday.
PORT ELIZABETH, South Africa - Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium could become a "white elephant" when the World Cup ends after Port Elizabeth's bankrupt soccer club was sold to investors from outside the city.
JOHANNESBURG - FIFA has promised to bar further use of World Cup ads in which the host cities of Pretoria and Bloemfontein are referred to only by relatively new African names.
PRETORIA - South African economy has received a boost from international tourists flocking the country to watch the 2010 soccer World Cup.
- Rogge to discuss possible Olympic bid with Zuma
- Charges dropped against 2 Dutch women in WCup case
- The vuvuzela: Uniquely African, made in China
- World Cup bonanza bypasses many South Africans
- Vuvuzela inventor cashes in on success at WCup
- WCup ticket agency defends its work
- Sports world moves to muzzle the vuvuzela
- World Cup officials: Women were dressed to shill
- Don't be fooled by World Cup sob story
- World Cup strike spreads to half of venues
- ITV pundit Earle fired over World Cup ticket probe
- Stop the buzz: Broadcasters filtering vuvuzelas
- Hundreds of stewards strike outside Ellis Park
- FIFA denies detaining mini-dressed Dutch fans
- WCup stadium workers call on FIFA about pay
- Blatter backs SAfrica fans on blowing vuvuzelas
- Minister: Brazil has to learn from SAfrica WCup
- Mahindra Satyam Sponsor In FIFA
- Riot police break up World Cup wages demonstration
- NKorean TV airs 3 World Cup matches
- Tata Sky In Legal Mess
- 60 years later, US and England meet again
- Unpredictability may be NKorea's secret weapon
- FIFA: 100,000 WCup tickets sold in 2 days
- World Cup final at Soccer City among 25 3-D games