WASHINGTON - Bank of America on Friday halted foreclosures on homes across the country so it could review paperwork in tens of thousands of cases for flaws, expanding a crisis at a perilous time for the housing market.
WASHINGTON - Litton Loan Servicing LP is the latest mortgage company to halt some foreclosures and evictions so it can review its process for handling foreclosures.
WASHINGTON - A mushrooming crisis over potential flaws in foreclosure documents is threatening to throw the real estate industry into chaos, as Bank of America on Friday became the first bank to stop taking back tens of thousands of foreclosed homes in all 50 states.
WASHINGTON - PNC Financial Services Group Inc.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama has rejected a bill that the White House fears could worsen the mounting problems caused by flawed or misleading documents used by banks in home foreclosures.
- Obama issues pocket veto of foreclosure docs bill
- Iowa atty general seeks to halt foreclosures
- Obama won't sign foreclosure docs bill
- Officials call for halting some Mich. foreclosures
- AG Holder says Justice looking into foreclosures
- NC AG investigating 15 lenders over foreclosures
- AG Biden asks 3 banks to freeze foreclosures
- AP analysis: Economic stress declined in August
- Bank exec checked only date on foreclosure docs
- Bank of America delays foreclosures in 23 states
- At a Glance: Foreclosure delays in 23 states
- APNewsBreak: BofA delays foreclosures in 23 states
- Bank exec. signed, didn't read foreclosure papers
- JPMorgan suspends certain foreclosures
- Calif atty general asks GMAC to cease foreclosures
- Home sales on pace to finish year as bad as 2009
- More than half exit foreclosure-relief program
- Unemployment rises in 27 states last month
- GMAC stops some evictions, foreclosed home sales
- Maine home foreclosures decrease
- US homes lost to foreclosure up 25 pct on year
- AP analysis: Economic pain failed to ease in July
- Banks to allow local groups to buy foreclosures
- Summary Box: 1 in 10 in mortgage trouble
- Summary Box: One in 10 in mortgage trouble
- Scarcity of jobs puts more at risk of foreclosure
- One in 10 with a mortgage face foreclosure
- Re-defaults on modified mortgage loans falling
- Nearly 50 percent leave Obama mortgage-aid program
- Homes lost to foreclosure up 6 pct from last year
- Colorado foreclosure filings down in 2nd quarter
- AP analysis: US economic stress heads back up
- Foreclosure activity up across most US metro areas
- Don't hold your breath for a bounce in home prices
- June foreclosure petitions decline in Mass.