BERLIN - Germany's biggest bank, Deutsche Bank AG, on Sunday announced plans to raise at least euro9.8 billion ($12.4 billion) in a capital increase intended mainly to finance a takeover of retail lender Deutsche Postbank AG.
FRANKFURT - A malfunction at Europe's joint air traffic control agency, Eurocontrol, disrupted flights over northern Europe Friday.
BERLIN - Europe's economy is doing better than expected as the continent's government debt crisis eases, the European Central Bank's president said Thursday - but he cautioned that growth would remain "relatively modest." Jean-Claude Trichet's comments underlined the new-found optimism about the 16-nation eurozone's prospects after it appears to have put the worst of the debt crisis behind it.
FRANKFURT, Germany - A clear majority of the 91 EU banks have passed stress tests conducted by regulators - but Germany's nationalized lender Hypo Real Estate Holding AG failed.
FRANKFURT - Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh is scheduled to hold a series of bilateral meetings in Toronto Saturday and Sunday on the margins of the G-20 Summit, including those with his newly named counterparts - David Cameron of Britain and Naoto Kan of Japan.
- Manmohan Singh arrives in Frankfurt on way to Toronto (Lead, Changing Dateline)
- ECB keeps rates low, offers extra liquidity
- ECB keeps rates steady at 1 percent
- ECB keeps interest rates on hold
- Lufthansa receives first Airbus A380
- Deutsche Bank makes $2.4 bln profit in Q1
- Airline losses from ash climb over $1 billion
- Central banks hold rates steady
- Euro falls to $1.35 in European morning trade
- European GM units to add shifts, staff
- Euro slips below $1.34
- Daimler expands commercial production in Brazil
- Euro keeps rising as Greek bond sale reassures
- German March consumer prices rise 1.1 pct on year
- Siemens looks to build UK wind turbine plant
- Siemens sees industrial demand stabilizing
- Euro rises above $1.33 after Greek bailout deal
- Volkswagen shares higher amid cap increase
- Deutsche Bahn 2009 net income falls to $1.1B
- German consumer confidence holds steady in April
- Hochtief 2009 net income improves to $263 million
- Air Berlin narrows 2009 loss to $13 million
- Euro keeps falling as EU wrangles over Greek aid
- German business confidence rises in March
- Volkswagen starts new shares issue process
- Bertelsmann 2009 net income down 87 pct
- Lufthansa pilots announce four-day strike next month
- Allianz sees steady operating profit for 2010
- Euro lower at $1.3580 in European morning trade
- Teva to buy German generic drug maker Ratiopharm
- BMW sees economic crisis past lowest point
- Metro 2009 net income falls 7 percent
- German investor confidence drops again in March
- Deutsche Bank confirms 2009 net income of $6.9B
- BMW 2009 profit falls 36 pct to $286 million