Fraud And False Statements
ALBANY, N.Y. - Former New York state Comptroller Alan Hevesi has turned himself in and will plead guilty to a felony corruption charge for taking gifts while running the state's multibillion dollar pension fund, a person close to the investigation told The Associated Press.
WASHINGTON - The government is looking into allegations that mortgage lenders in the foreclosure crisis have been evicting homeowners using flawed court papers, Attorney General Eric Holder said Wednesday.
NEBRASKA CITY, Neb. - Gage County District Judge Paul Korslund has been appointed to the cases of two former Nebraska City brokers accused of securities fraud.
BOSTON - Three real estate investors, two mortgage brokers and a disbarred attorney have been indicted for allegedly participating in a complex scheme to defraud homeowners and mortgage lenders in the Boston area, authorities announced Tuesday.
MADISON, Wis. - A 44-year-old tax preparer from Sun Prairie, Wis., faces federal charges for allegedly defrauding a bank of $3.3 million.
- New York man charged in $35 million Ponzi scheme
- Calif. woman pleads guilty to defrauding investors
- Judge sets January 2011 trial in Stanford case
- Legal fees mount in Madoff liquidation
- E&Y paying $8.5M to settle SEC charges
- Claims settled over untrained home health aides
- Mass. man charged with stealing from investors
- Judge rejects rest of Broadcom backdating case
- Ex-Kennedy aide charged with defrauding Senate
- 32 accused of $60M in Medicare fraud in 3 states
- NYC hedge fund manager indicted in trading case
- About 30 arrested over Medicare fraud in 3 states
- Puerto Ricans arrested in health insurance scam
- Judge tosses case against 2 former Broadcom execs
- La. suspect's lawyer asks out of Ponzi scheme case
- AP sources: Busts in 3 states over Medicare fraud
- Judge could dismiss charges in Broadcom backdating
- Prosecutors: LA man cheated investors out of $10M
- More delays in fraud case for ex Neb. brokers
- US: Pa. firm stockpiled temporary-worker visas
- Court rules Basescu winner of Romanian election
- Fla. man pleads guilty in Haitian Ponzi scheme
- New Orleans official accused in kickback scheme
- NYC man gets 6 years in $33M Ponzi scheme
- Feds probe Calif. investor in Madoff affair
- North Dakota man seeks probation in tax fraud case
- Fund manager pleads guilty to fraud charges
- 1 year later, fallout from Madoff's massive fraud
- Ex-lawyer admits guilt in insider trading case
- Defense rests for ex-Broadcom executive
- Broadcom co-founder cleared in backdating probe
- Judge dismisses Broadcom co-founder's guilty plea
- Feds target rating agencies' role in meltdown
- SEC targets rating agencies' role in meltdown
- Tenn. man gets 14 years in $33M Ponzi scheme