FRESNO, Calif. - GOP candidate Meg Whitman blamed Democratic opponent Jerry Brown for the controversy over an illegal immigrant housekeeper.
FRESNO, Calif. - Republican gubernatorial candidate Meg Whitman had hoped Saturday's debate in the heart of California's Central Valley would showcase her economic credentials and help siphon the support of independent and Hispanic votes away from Democrat Jerry Brown.
VISALIA, Calif. - It's a question rekindled by the recession: Are immigrants taking jobs away from American citizens? In the heart of the nation's biggest farming state, the answer is a resounding no.
SACRAMENTO, Calif. - California gubernatorial candidate Meg Whitman's comparison of Fresno and Detroit has drawn criticism from the Motor City mayor's office, with his spokeswoman calling on the billionaire GOP candidate to focus on investing in communities hit hardest by the financial meltdown.
SACRAMENTO, Calif. - The Detroit mayor's office on Thursday sharply criticized California Republican gubernatorial candidate Meg Whitman for comparing Fresno to Detroit and calling it "awful." Karen Dumas, a spokeswoman for Detroit Mayor Dave Bing, said in a statement Thursday to The Associated Press that the billionaire candidate should focus instead on investing in communities such as Detroit and Fresno.
- Whitman compares economy in Fresno to Detroit
- SPIN METER: What Biden didn't mention on stimulus
- Calif. approves new heat rules to protect workers
- Federal gov boosts Central Valley water deliveries
- Grape-loving moth invades Calif.'s wine country
- New documents boost egg-price fixing lawsuit claim
- Health care reform leaves out illegal immigrants
- Moth forces wine country's secret into the open
- Chardonnay helps Calif grape crush top 4M tons
- Lawmakers probe lax enforcement of animal rules
- Grape moth threatens Napa Valley growing method
- Grape moth invades Napa Valley wine country
- Cities not on track with Calif high-speed rail
- Gallo: French courts rule supplier sold fake wine
- Lawmakers help food stamps get to farmers markets
- Judge: CA pumping limits needed to protect smelt
- State to probe birth defects spike in Calif. town
- Red, white or green? Calif. wine choices expand
- Housing advocates settle suit for disabled renters
- Calif. dairy farmers get temporary price hike
- Satellites eye dwindling water in central Calif.
- Satellites spot dwindling aquifer in central Calif
- Gov't auditors say food-tracing program flawed
- Gov't auditors say food traceback program flawed
- Lawmaker wants to close Fresno meatpacking plant
- Calif. company recalling 22,723 pounds of beef
- In some cities, this Christmas comes without tree