MINNEAPOLIS - Passenger service workers at Delta Air Lines Inc.
WASHINGTON - There's no relief from the jobs crisis - for everyday Americans or lawmakers facing the midterm elections.
BRISTOL, R.I. - Independent candidate for governor Lincoln Chafee defended his plan to impose a sales tax on groceries, medications and other exempt items during a debate Wednesday in which his Democratic rival pointed to his own cost-cutting record as proof that he's the best qualified to deal with Rhode Island's financial problems.
WASHINGTON - A deep-pocketed alliance with ties to top Republicans Karl Rove and Ed Gillespie is pumping more than $4 million into key Senate races in a single week of advertising, a crucial infusion to counter a surge in Democratic Party spending as Election Day draws near.
SANTA MONICA, Calif. - Republican Meg Whitman struggled to steady her campaign for California governor after disclosures about her former housekeeper - an illegal immigrant - threatened to cut into her support among Latinos just weeks before Election Day.
- Women a key on Nov. 2; Dems' gender edge closing?
- Senate to take up food safety bill after elections
- Senate bill to tax firms that export jobs fails
- Recession takes toll on institution of marriage
- Census finds record gap between rich and poor
- Obama returning U. of Wis. to court young voters
- White House, Dems see tax cut vote after election
- AP-GfK Poll: GOP more fired up as elections near
- A wary O'Donnell tries to repeat her magic in Del.
- AP Interview: Clinton says Dems can keep majority
- Fed moves closer to new action to help economy
- APNewsBreak: Mass. AG candidate skirts finance law
- Fed signals it will take further steps if needed
- Judge backs Minn. disclosure law on political cash
- Obama lectures GOP on campaign finance bill stall
- Obama urges action on campaign finance bill
- Senate passes $30B small business credit measure
- Senate passes small business credit measure
- AP-GfK Poll: Deep divisions over tax hikes
- Senate to pass small business lending bill
- AP-GfK Poll: Nearly half oppose tax hikes for rich
- More House Democrats call for tax cuts for all
- AP-GfK Poll: Climate for GOP keeps getting better
- Tea party favorite O'Donnell wins in Delaware
- Tea party favorite Ovide Lamontagne leads in NH
- Tea party favorite leads in New Hampshire
- Some Dems wary of leaving out rich from tax cuts
- Senate Republicans say they'll block tax increase
- Paul says GOP shares blame for deficits
- Congress to tread carefully in run-up to election
- Obama: Voter anger could hurt Dems in elections
- Obama says economic progress 'painfully slow'
- Obama's blunt take: Poor economy hurts Democrats
- Obama concedes poor economy threatens Democrats
- Clinton: Dems battling anger, apathy and amnesia