Government Pensions And Social Security
PUEBLO, Colo. - Democratic Sen. Michael Bennet ramped up criticism of his Republican challenger Thursday, pounding on the podium in his third debate with Republican Ken Buck and accusing his opponent of flip-flopping on Social Security and taxation.
ALBANY, N.Y. - Former New York state Comptroller Alan Hevesi has turned himself in and will plead guilty to a felony corruption charge for taking gifts while running the state's multibillion dollar pension fund, a person close to the investigation told The Associated Press.
SACRAMENTO, Calif. - California lawmakers got their first look Wednesday at a proposal that attempts to end the state's record-long budget impasse and close a $19 billion deficit, primarily through targeted spending cuts and a large dose of creative accounting.
FREDERICKSBURG, Va. - Once a month, just after midnight, the beeping checkout scanners at a Walmart just off Interstate 95 come alive in a chorus of financial desperation.
LOS ANGELES - Republican Meg Whitman's former maid said Tuesday she's not a Democratic pawn in California's race for governor, but her attorney refused again to provide key details about her claims that Whitman employed her for nearly a decade despite knowing she was in the U.S.
- Paul: Social Security age may need to be raised
- French unions launch new pension plan protests
- NJ mayors seek state help with 2 percent spend cap
- Calif. governor's race upended by immigrant maid
- Husband possibly saw letter on Whitman maid glitch
- Calif. city's pensions will be larger than thought
- Anti-austerity protests sweep across Europe
- Unions count on 100,000 protesters at EU
- Fields says Ford won't see big pension impact
- New strikes in France over retirement age
- France slammed by new strikes over retirement age
- France braces for day of strikes Thursday
- AP Investigation: Calif. pension bonuses examined
- Goodyear spends $560,000 lobbying government in 2Q
- $1M deal reached in NY state pension fund probe
- French lawmakers OK raising retirement age to 62
- Tensions rise as French pension reform vote nears
- A look at state pension changes
- States cutting benefits for public-sector retirees
- Japan missing more than 230K listed centenarians
- French unions plan new strikes over retirement
- Strikes in France, London foreshadow more protests
- Commuters walloped by strikes in France, London
- Pension fund approached on Potash bid
- NM pension chief resigns after loan is disclosed
- France firm on raising retirement despite protests
- Pension fight stalls sale of Philly newspapers
- Former WY senator apologizes after cow remark
- SKorea's pension fund eyes US pipeline stake
- Holiday over for French President Sarkozy
- Greeks feeling pain from austerity measures
- Dems' oldies tour lauds Social Security, Medicare
- Auditors say Colorado pension plan recovering
- Angle on private Social Security: Chile's done it
- Missing centenarians cause angst in aging Japan