ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Alaska Senate candidate Joe Miller says his family benefited from Medicaid and a state-run health care program for low-income children and pregnant women.
LONDON - David Cameron addresses his party's annual conference Wednesday for the first time as Britain's prime minister - with a message that tough spending cuts will likely stir public unrest.
LOUISVILLE, Ky. - Fresh television advertising in the Kentucky Senate race began airing Tuesday as national Democrats swooped in to aid Jack Conway while Republican Rand Paul's latest commercial uses the voice of a Barack Obama impersonator.
WASHINGTON - The government's giant bank bailout may well have averted a second Great Depression, economists say, but a lot of voters aren't buying it.
- Treasury cuts bailout price tag to $50 billion
- Zero interest rates back in Japan
- Chavez: State will lower prices of farm supplies
- AP Interview: Quinn vague on ideas for Ill. future
- Health overhaul centerpiece endures growing pains
- Paul: Social Security age may need to be raised
- Arizona Medicaid cuts include transplant funding
- Pa.'s troubled capital city seeks state's help
- Schwarzenegger signs major health care bills
- AIG bailout exit doesn't resolve losses from TARP
- Medicaid enrollment spikes to 48M in weak economy
- Budget analysts: Arizona midyear shortfall growing
- Boxer, Fiorina clash over health care, immigration
- UK defense sec'y warns spending cuts too brutal
- More options for seniors with high drug costs
- Feds threaten state over workplace health-safety
- Census data: Marriages in 2009 at record low level
- Recession takes toll on institution of marriage
- Census finds record gap between rich and poor
- Biden: Democratic base should 'stop whining'
- France balks at automatic budget sanctions
- Germany backs sanctions for profligate EU nations
- Despite economy, Americans don't want farm work
- $93,000 cancer drug: How much is a life worth?
- Double-digit hikes for some Medicare drug plans
- Stark differences: How GOP, Democrats would rule
- Summary Box: Head of TARP bailout effort resigns
- Tax, spending cuts top GOP campaign-year 'Pledge'
- Financial bailout chief announces resignation
- Premiums for Medicare private plans dip 1 percent
- WellPoint gets $87M Medicare contract renewal
- Kirk calls for halting financial bailout he backed
- Census: 1 in 7 Americans live in poverty
- Calif. budget impasse about to become longest ever
- Governor asks SD state agencies to consider cuts