Health Care Industry
TRENTON, N.J. - Sanofi-Aventis SA, the world's fourth-biggest drugmaker, said Friday it is eliminating 1,700 jobs in its U.S.
WASHINGTON - Abbott Laboratories said Friday it will withdraw its diet pill Meridia in the U.S.
NEW YORK - The weight loss drug Meridia is being be pulled off the market in Canada, the nation's health department said Friday, because of links to side effects like heart attacks and strokes.
BRIDGEWATER, N.J. - Sanofi-Aventis SA, the world's fourth-biggest drugmaker, says it is eliminating 1,700 jobs in its U.S.
HARARE, Zimbabwe - Zimbabwe's health minister says the southern African country needs $700 million to restore health services shattered by a decade of political and economic turmoil.
- Pacemaker implants help pooches live longer lives
- Foes of health care law lose key court ruling
- Genzyme board rejects Sanofi $69-a-share offer
- White House defends waivers from new health law
- World markets flat but dollar slide continues
- Data firm IMS: 17 countries now emerging markets
- Summary Box: Data firm sees 2011 drug sales rising
- Data firm sees 2011 drug sales rising 5-7 percent
- Summary Box: Pfizer considers selling Capsugel
- Pfizer reviews alternatives for capsule unit
- Johnson & Johnson buying Crucell for $2.41 billion
- U of Minnesota, Mayo to expand diabetes research
- Geron shares rise on toxicology screening product
- Geron says GE Healthcare launched toxicology test
- FDA warns Gilead Sciences over quality controls
- Biotech debate turns tart in Mass. governor's race
- Sanofi-Aventis launches Genzyme takeover battle
- Health overhaul centerpiece endures growing pains
- South Africa to research mood-lifting plant
- Health care law may hamper limited insurance plans
- J&J, FDA leaders take heat for 'phantom' recall
- Feds: Novartis to pay more than $400M in penalties
- Novartis to pay $422.5 million over marketing
- McDonald's denies report of dropping health care
- FDA exec: agency too slow to order J&J recall
- J&J CEO says company "let the public down"
- Anti-austerity protests sweep across Europe
- Pfizer stock sold, Roberts to hear company's cases
- Summary Box: Stocks recover from early losses
- Regence to stop selling child-only health plans
- Walgreen, Monsanto, AOL among big market movers
- Gold prices set record high on investor worries
- Feds reopen probe into medical scanner approvals
- Report: Indian Health Service hired criminals
- Deal news helps stocks recover from early losses