HONOLULU - A letter from the president of the University of Hawaii declaring that labor negotiations are at an "impasse" prompted the union that represents faculty to declare it is ready to go to court.
MONTGOMERY, Ala. - A state commission headed by the governor took action Tuesday that could clear the way for the state to sell the almost 150-year-old Bryce Hospital in Tuscaloosa to the University of Alabama.
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma Board of Equalization certified a revenue estimate for next year that is $1.3 billion less than the current one, the result of a sluggish economy and low oil and natural gas prices that have reduced tax revenue during the past year.
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh officials shelved an idea for a first-of-its-kind tax on college tuition after two universities and a nonprofit health insurer agreed on Monday to make large contributions to the city.
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh officials tell The Associated Press that Mayor Luke Ravenstahl has reached a deal with university leaders that averts the need to impose a first-of-its-kind tax on college tuition.
- Health bill money for hospital sought by Dodd
- Conn. Democrats call for $1 billion in bonding
- Career Education drops as accreditor questioned
- Governor proposes study of Colo. higher education
- Government to award stimulus funds for broadband
- Scandals' domino effect shakes Ga. GOP leaders
- New Ind. state revenue forecast $1.83B lower
- Pittsburgh mayor to push for tuition tax vote
- Cherry backs water fee for college scholarships
- UW System to market cost-saving as tuition rises
- Idaho board OKs deal to keep research center open
- Tough economy squeezes Pell Grant program
- AP Exclusive: Pell Grant program faces shortfall
- Forsee: Univ. of Mo. may consider 3-year degree
- House panels passes college football playoff bill
- Md. to buy wind and solar power from 4 projects
- Pittsburgh mayor seeks to delay tuition tax vote
- Calif. higher ed leaders call for more state funds
- Simplot proposes plan to fund UI Parma crop center
- Drive for geothermal power heats up on US campuses
- Ind. governor targets colleges for $150M in cuts
- Harvard Business School dean to retire in June
- Harvard Law stops free-tuition public law program
- Miss. looks for solutions in tough economic times
- NY groundbreaking for college building near WTC
- Hundreds of Pittsburgh students fight proposed tax
- US envoy to UN slams Iran enrichment plan
- AP Impact: For-profit colleges haul in gov't aid
- Olmsted's 1895 Pa. steel town seeks green rebirth
- Ind. coal-gasification plant cost reaches $2.5B
- Regulators approve 'OU Spirit' wind farm plan
- Book outlines intertwined history of cotton, race
- Isch not interested in being NCAA caretaker
- Clemson to get $98M for wind energy test facility
- KBR to bid for part of $3B Air Force contract