KEYLONG - A species of hops is a key ingredient in brewing beer and, true to its nature, it has left a bitter taste in the mouth of farmers in Himachal Pradesh thanks to cheaper varieties from China, the US and Germany.
KEYLONG - The rugged, inhospitable terrain of this landlocked valley in Himachal Pradesh is sought to be greened with plantations of seabuckthorn, a medicinally rich plant, that will not only help check soil erosion but also benefit the local people economically.
KULLU - Plentiful monsoon rains and foggy conditions have damaged the high-variety seed potato and tomato crops in Himachal Pradesh's Lahaul Valley.
HIMACHAL PRADESH, INDIA (GaeaTimes.com)- Amway India, the direct selling FMCG giant is planning to set up a second manufacturing plant in India and it is likely to come up somewhere in South India.
SOLANG - A giant excavator sprang to life as Congress president Sonia Gandhi pressed a remote control to launch the building of a strategic 8.8 km long tunnel in this picturesque valley that will enable year-round connectivity between Manali and the Ladakh region of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Preserve ecology at Rohtang: Sonia
- Why Rohtang tunnel is important
- Light of hope at the end of Rohtang tunnel
- Rohtang tunnel will boost tourism, provide employment: Sonia
- 1.6 million tonnes of rock waste from Rohtang Tunnel
- With press of a button, Sonia launches Rohtang tunnel construction
- A mega tunnel under the ‘pile of dead bodies’
- Kangra Tea is set for another bloom
- Himachal hydro projects run into peoples’ protests
- Seabuckthorn to green cold deserts in Himalayan states
- JHS Svendgaard produces detergents from Himachal plant
- Work begins on ADB-funded hydropower project in Himachal
- Himachal hopes to reap bitter-sweet crop of hop