NEW YORK - Retailers are reporting surprisingly solid sales gains for September, boosted by back-to-school shopping, much of it was pushed into September by parents who had put off trips to the mall.
DETROIT - New models and Labor Day promotions didn't do much to fire Americans' appetites for new cars in September.
NEW YORK - If you're too old for trick-or-treating but still love getting spooked on Halloween, it's time to trade in the superhero costume for a ticket to a haunted house or theme park.
MADISON, Wis. - President Barack Obama is returning to the University of Wisconsin to ask young voters who helped propel him to the White House to support fellow Democrats in key races for governor and U.S.
- Wal-Mart expects holiday shoppers to be practical
- Toys R Us invades the mall for the holidays
- Post-holiday pump prices should slide
- Stocks fall on fresh European bank concerns
- Discounts spur surprising Aug. retail sales gains
- Gasoline prices fall ahead of Labor Day weekend
- Report: Overall consumer spending tepid in July
- At a Glance: Retailers' early Christmas push
- Stores push summertime 'Christmas' sales
- Fitting tribute to Steinbrenner: Yanks win in 9th
- Retailers are already feeling a holiday shiver
- How stores set their holiday inventories
- Oil settles lower after Fed revises outlook
- Oil prices rise after crude stockpiles fall
- Pump prices end the week lower, oil higher
- Economy tempers American enthusiasm for the road
- Pump prices head down again after holiday weekend
- Oil rises to near $73 as stocks, euro gain
- Oil falls below $72 amid fears of slowing economy
- Oil hovers above $72 in light 4th of July trading
- Oil hovers near $73 amid light 4th of July trading
- Oil rises near $73 amid light 4th of July trading
- LA port clerk strike goes on despite holiday talks
- NBA's free agent fireworks could come next week
- July 4th travel rolls on, a little close to home
- July 4th travel rolls on, a little closer to home
- Gas prices fall as July Fourth weekend begins
- NJ governor offers tax cap compromise
- No bucks, no boom for the Fourth
- Oil prices fall on disappointing economic news
- Task force urges promotion of Ariz. as 'welcoming'
- Oil ends first losing quarter since late '08
- Gasoline prices little changed ahead of weekend
- Americans want to travel more, spend less
- Gas prices rise with summer season in full swing