WASHINGTON - Bank of America on Friday halted foreclosures on homes across the country so it could review paperwork in tens of thousands of cases for flaws, expanding a crisis at a perilous time for the housing market.
SHANGHAI - Authorities in China's largest city have ordered that families be allowed to only purchase one home each, part of a series of moves aimed at cooling surging property prices.
NEW YORK - Rates on 30-year mortgages fell to the lowest level in decades for the ninth time in 12 weeks, pushed down by traders anticipating a move by the Federal Reserve to pump more money into the economy.
WASHINGTON - Applications for mortgages to buy homes rose last week to the highest level since May, while overall applications were down slightly.
WASHINGTON - The number of people who signed contracts to buy homes rose in August for the second straight month but remained far below last year's pace.
- China curbs lending in move to cool housing market
- Home sales on pace to finish year as bad as 2009
- Home sales up 7.6 pct. in August; sales still weak
- Homebuilders' confidence stuck at 18-month low
- US homes lost to foreclosure up 25 pct on year
- Data shows jobless claims drop, retail sales rise
- Pending home sales rise 5.2 percent in July
- Ponzi scheme shakes West African nation of Benin
- Banks to allow local groups to buy foreclosures
- Gold, silver rise as investors seek safer assets
- Home prices rise in 17 cities in June
- Architectural gems languish on Calif. home market
- Marquee homes languish on Calif. housing market
- Economic growth slows to 1.6 pct. in the spring
- Snapshot of economy about to get a lot bleaker
- Bad news on homes, goods adds to air of recession
- Ohio home sales drop 35 pct from June to July
- Recovery in danger as firms, homebuyers cut back
- July new home sales fall to slowest pace on record
- Stocks fall on weak durable goods orders
- Stock futures fall on weak durable goods orders
- Jamaica wants to buy, restore Marcus Garvey home
- Low prices and rates can't slow fall in home sales
- Home sales plunge 27 pct. to lowest in 15 years
- Stocks drop on global economic worries
- Ahead of the Bell: July home sales likely plunged
- Firm: Calif. home sales drop 22 percent in July
- Firm: N. Calif home sales drop 23 percent in July
- NAHB spent $600,000 lobbying in second quarter
- Summary Box: Homebuilder confidence sinks
- Homebuilder confidence sinks for 3rd month
- In a sluggish economic summer, no easy fix ahead
- Median home prices up in 2Q in most US cities
- Whirlpool spent $200,000 on lobbying in 2Q
- Gov't likely to keep big mortgage market role