WASHINGTON - The number of people who signed contracts to buy homes rose in August for the second straight month but remained far below last year's pace.
WASHINGTON - Don't take the latest snapshot of U.S.
WASHINGTON - This year's home sales are shaping up to be as dismal as last year, despite cheap home prices and mortgage rates that have fallen to the lowest levels in decades.
WASHINGTON - Sales of previously occupied homes likely rose in August, but that's only because the previous month was the worst in 15 years.
NEW YORK - Rates on 30-year mortgages this week were unchanged from the previous week, staying slightly above the lowest level in decades.
- Home sales up 7.6 pct. in August; sales still weak
- GMAC stops some evictions, foreclosed home sales
- Stocks extend September rally ahead of Fed meeting
- Stocks set to extend rally ahead of Fed meeting
- US homes lost to foreclosure up 25 pct on year
- Home sales drop 13.8 percent in August in S. Calif
- Mortgage rates edge up; Housing market still slow
- Pending home sales rise 5.2 percent in July
- Gold, silver rise as investors seek safer assets
- Home prices rise in 17 cities in June
- Architectural gems languish on Calif. home market
- Marquee homes languish on Calif. housing market
- Number of underwater mortgages in US fell in 2Q
- Scarcity of jobs puts more at risk of foreclosure
- One in 10 with a mortgage face foreclosure
- Summary Box: Home sales, goods orders both sink
- Ohio home sales drop 35 pct from June to July
- Low prices and rates can't slow fall in home sales
- Copper prices lose ground on dismal home sales
- Maine home sales fall 30 percent in July
- Interest rates fall after July home sales plummet
- Stocks drop after sharp fall in July home sales
- Home sales plunge 27 pct. to lowest in 15 years
- Stocks drop on global economic worries
- Ahead of the Bell: July home sales likely plunged
- Nearly 50 percent leave Obama mortgage-aid program
- Firm: Calif. home sales drop 22 percent in July
- Firm: N. Calif home sales drop 23 percent in July
- Firm: S. Calif. home sales drop 21 percent in July
- Median home prices up in 2Q in most US cities
- Home sales, prices dip in southern Nevada in July
- Summary Box: Pending home sales sink
- Pending home sales sink 2.6 percent in June
- Home prices increase 1.3 pct. in May from April
- Don't hold your breath for a bounce in home prices