LONDON - Rio Tinto Alcan says it is investing $487 million in its aluminium smelter in Iceland to increase production by 20 percent.
REYKJAVIK, Iceland - Iceland's former Prime Minister Geir Haarde has been referred to a special court in a move that could make him the first world leader to be charged in connection with the global financial crisis.
REYKJAVIK, Iceland - A committee of Icelandic lawmakers split Saturday over whether to recommend an unprecedented prosecution of former leaders for failing to prevent the country's financial meltdown.
REYKJAVIK, Iceland - Iceland's government began considering on Thursday a bid by a private military training company to base a fleet of fighter jets at an ex-U.S.
LONDON - Iceland's central bank cut its key interest rate by a full percentage point to 7 percent on Wednesday after a strengthening in the krona and easing inflation.
- Iceland parliament votes for strong media laws
- Iceland to start talks on joining EU
- Easyjet unveils plans to fit ash detectors
- Yogurt crosses cultures with new styles, imports
- 5 Moroccan airports closed because of ash
- Volcanic ash closes 7 Spanish airports
- Atlantic ash cloud adds time to US-Europe flights
- Iceland lowers interest rates
- Volcanic ash snarls Scottish, Irish air services
- Irish airports reopen Tuesday as ash threat fades
- Volcanic ash forces Irish airspace closure
- Most ash-stranded Europeans to be home by Monday
- Moody's lifts Iceland's debt rating outlook
- Ask AP: Volcanoes and weather, underemployment
- Airlines lose $1.7 BN from 100,000 canceled trips
- Airlines lose $1.7 billion, Germany opens airspace
- All restrictions for German airspace lifted
- IATA: airlines lost over $1.7BN in ash chaos
- A glance at flight disruptions due to volcanic ash
- Volcano presses "Iron Man 2"
- Volcano Ash: Economic Impact
- German Econ Min calls volcano conference
- Ash makes Ryanair cancel most flights until Monday
- One volcano's ash humbles a mobile modern world
- Airlines: Volcano costing industry $200 mln daily
- Euro officials play down imminent Greek bailout
- Volcanic cloud casts long shadow over US travel
- Iceland bank meltdown under microscope
- Moody's downgrades Iceland outlook
- Iceland's premier pressing IMF on bailout review
- Iceland votes 'no' to debt deal for collapsed bank
- Icelanders reject debt deal over collapsed bank
- Early results: Iceland voters reject debt deal
- Iceland expected to turn down bank failure repay
- Icelanders vote on deal to repay $5.3 billion