WAMSUTTER, Wyo. - Alone and thousands of miles from home, the immigrant sheepherder roams some of the West's most desolate and frigid landscapes, tending a flock for as little as $600 a month without a day off on the horizon.
ROSARNO, Italy - Some 300 African migrants were bused early Saturday out of a southern Italian town rocked by two days of clashes between the migrants, police and local residents.
WASHINGTON - Lack of confidence in the economic recovery led employers to shed a more-than-expected 85,000 net jobs in December even as the unemployment rate held at 10 percent.
NEW YORK - Mayor Michael Bloomberg sought to strike a humble tone Friday as he began his third term by promising "to listen and to lead" and to take a fresh look at the challenges facing the city.
WASHINGTON - Immigration prosecutions rose to record levels in 2009 as the Obama administration kept up aggressive enforcement that began under President George W.
- Russian voters, race horses aided by NY's new laws
- First case of highly drug-resistant TB found in US
- A comparison of House, Senate health care bills
- Ariz. gov: Release many criminal immigrants to ICE
- Comparison of Senate, House health care bills
- Alabama unemployment drops for 1st time since 2007
- Arizona marks its first employer sanctions deal
- Partnership in CA gives health care to everyone
- 12 charged in upstate NY airport immigration sting
- As wage theft rises, states and cities crack down
- White Americans' majority to end by mid-century
- Bill would give undocumented legal status
- Report: Latinos, Asians boost Neb. economy
- Colo. court: immigrants tax records are private
- Colo. court: Immigrants records illegally searched
- Court: Immigrants' tax records illegally searched
- Manager pleads guilty in Miss. immigration raid
- Univ. panel: Legalization of immigrants beneficial
- NJ fugitive worked for Homeland Security in Ga.
- Population shifts could boost Calif, NY in census
- US seeks fine from company in immigration case
- Congress readies huge year-end spending bill
- Health care issues: Illegal immigrants covered?
- Arizona court boots cities' challenge to budget
- Officials: Progress made on virtual fence project
- Mo. ordered to pay $152,000 to janitorial company
- Ariz. gov, lawmakers slam cities on budget lawsuit
- Ohio senator says no to workers comp for illegals
- AP Enterprise: Bullet tears open Somali boy's face
- Iraqi refugees move to Mich. despite poor economy
- Comparison of Democratic health care bills
- Editorial Roundup: Excerpts From Recent Editorials
- AP News in Brief
- Immigrants likelier to support smoking bans