DUBLIN - Debt-laden Allied Irish Banks PLC announced Thursday it plans to sell its stake in M&T Bank Corp.
LONDON - European Central Bank head Jean-Claude Trichet faces a quizzing about the euro's ascent to eight-month highs against the dollar when he holds his monthly press conference Thursday.
LONDON - Whatever you do, Liverpool fans, don't call your prospective new American owners the Yankees.
DUBLIN - Ratings agency Fitch cut Ireland's credit worthiness another notch Wednesday, citing the country's long fight to emerge from record deficits, the toughest bank-bailout effort in Europe and a lagging economy.
LONDON - A leading credit rating agency warned Tuesday that it may cut Ireland's government debt rating amid mounting worries over the country's economic outlook following another bailout of the banking sector last week.
- World stocks mostly higher on recovery hopes
- Irish borrowing costs dip after debt-crisis plan
- Poll: Most Irish want premier Cowen to quit now
- Report: IMF doesn't see Ireland tapping fund
- AIG, Hertz, Prudential among market movers
- World markets mixed amid US jobs data, debt news
- Europe debt crisis rolls on as Irish bailouts grow
- Ireland to pump billions more into failed banks
- Euro barely lower amid debt trouble reminders
- Ireland to pump billions more into debt-hit banks
- 'Toxic bank' cement truck blocks Irish parliament
- Anti-austerity protests sweep across Europe
- Irish premier's majority narrows as lawmaker quits
- Global stock trading mixed amid recovery fears
- Irish, Portuguese bond selloff fans EU debt fears
- Irish borrowing rates climb to new euro-era high
- Irish economy shrinks 1.2 pct, recession grinds on
- Global economic fears dominate markets
- Solid European bond auctions lift market sentiment
- Irish sell $2B in bonds as eurozone debt fears ebb
- Ireland sells $2B in bonds as debt fears ease
- World markets surge as S&P strikes four-month high
- Allied Irish selling stockbroker to Fexco for $32M
- Irish borrowing costs at new high on debt worries
- World markets up as Fed meeting looms
- S&P downgrades Bank of Ireland outlook to negative
- Clinton says time is ripe for Mideast deal
- Irish bonds rebound, banks hold ground after Anglo
- Irish bonds, banks rebound after Anglo split plan
- Summary Box: Ireland to split Anglo Irish Bank
- Ireland to split Anglo Irish into good, bad banks
- Ireland to split Anglo Irish Bank in 2
- Ireland debates bank-bailouts, awaits EU ruling
- Parcells hands control of Dolphins to GM Ireland
- Chinese demand helps lift Pernod Ricard profits