MONTREUX, Switzerland - Leading European defense companies warned Friday that cuts to military programs could cause long-term harm to the industry's research and development capabilities, even as they looked beyond the continent for new business to make up anticipated shortfalls.
MILAN - NBA commissioner David Stern insisted Sunday he hasn't thought about the effects of a possible lockout next year, and gave new assurances that the league and players' union remain focused on reaching a new labor agreement.
DETROIT - The advantages of doing business in the Detroit area is part of the sales pitch made by local elected, auto union and other leaders to Fiat suppliers during an economic mission this week in Italy.
MILAN - Like many of the other designers showing during the current Milan Fashion Week, Marni, in her collection presented Sunday, dared to paint her styles in bold color.
- Palermo airport remains shut because of accident
- Italian designers play it safe for summer 2011
- UN meeting on food prices seeks transparency
- Prada's summer is bold in color and cut
- Color conquers the Milan Fashion runway
- Rampl to be interim CEO at Unicredit
- Unicredit CEO Profumo fights for job
- Milan meets Mumbai in tony Poltrona Frau showroom
- Summary Box: Fiat shareholders approve split plan
- Fiat shareholders approve plan to split company
- UN: Number of hungry people declines
- North Carolina experiencing rebirth in winemaking
- Swisscom to delist troubled Italian unit Fastweb
- UN: No food crisis looms despite Russia wheat ban
- Coppola checks back into Venice for "Somewhere"
- Experts see trouble ahead for developed world
- Berlusconi urges allies to get back in line
- Celebrated Russian seed bank fights for its land
- Company defends Bellagio mattress in name suit
- Travel industry courting 'Eat, Pray, Love' fans
- Doctors: Transplant advance in windpipe cancer
- Italy seeks private sponsors to restore Colosseum
- Italian govt seeks roundtable on Fiat production
- Farnborough deals give hope to aviation industry
- Farnborough Airshow orders top $28 billion
- Farnborough Airshow orders top $25 billion
- Fiat makes profit, approves split into 2 companies
- World Series of Poker finalists eye Nov. showdown
- Medal of Honor hero Vernon Baker dies at age 90
- Berlusconi suffers 3rd gov't resignation in
- Fiat confirms new Panda will be produced in Italy
- Italy farmers protest import of "blue" mozzarella
- Global workplace productivity not a World Cup goal
- Alitalia joins trans-Atlantic joint venture
- Chrysler to set up separate Fiat dealer network