PARIS - The French oil refiners' union warned Friday that a dock workers' strike in Marseille threatens to shut six refineries in southern France beginning this weekend.
WASHINGTON - Former Agriculture Department employee Shirley Sherrod pleaded with officials to hear her out after she was ousted from the USDA during a racial firestorm in July, internal e-mails show.
WASHINGTON - Thousands of California health care workers at Kaiser Permanente have decided to stay with the Service Employees International Union rather than bolt for an upstart rival.
NEW YORK - Stocks edged lower Thursday, backing away from early gains, as uncertainty built up ahead of a key report on the labor market.
NEW YORK - Stocks seesawed Thursday as traders balanced slightly better news on jobs against mixed results from PepsiCo Inc.
- Detroit Symphony Orchestra musicians go on strike
- UK cuts child benefit payments in austerity drive
- AFL-CIO head offers to mediate for NFL, players
- NFL says AFL-CIO couldn't be effective mediator
- AFL-CIO President offers to mediate NFL deal
- European strikes weigh on world stock markets
- General strike in Spain against austerity measures
- European strikes weigh on stock markets
- Anti-austerity protests sweep across Europe
- General strike starts in Spain against austerity
- Recession rips at US marriages, expands income gap
- Unions count on 100,000 protesters at EU
- Census data: Weddings in 2009 at record low level
- Census data: Marriages in 2009 at record low level
- Recession takes toll on institution of marriage
- Toys R Us to hire 45,000 workers for holidays
- Census finds record gap between rich and poor
- Hundreds of medical workers strike in Jamaica
- Despite economy, Americans don't want farm work
- SAfrica to research mine nationalization proposal
- Philly housing boss fired after sex-harass claims
- New strikes in France over retirement age
- France slammed by new strikes over retirement age
- France braces for day of strikes Thursday
- Dem, unions bash McMahon, WWE in Conn. Senate race
- Cessna cuts 700 jobs, blames stalled recovery
- Manufacturing group spent $1.11M in 2Q lobbying
- SAfrica groups call for leftward economic shift
- Labor Department accuses Tyson unit of gender bias
- Summary Box: 3 female ex-employees allege bias
- 3 female ex-employees allege bias at Goldman Sachs
- French lawmakers OK raising retirement age to 62
- Striking Mott's NY plant workers OK new contract
- Greek prime minister: no new austerity measures
- Struggling Spain OKs labor market reforms