Latin America And Caribbean
Drug data firm IMS Health now considers 17 countries to be "emerging markets" for prescription drug sales.
CARACAS, Venezuela - Venezuelan government officials took over management of a leading farm supply business Tuesday after President Hugo Chavez ordered the company to be expropriated.
KINGSTON, Jamaica - Media organizations are pushing parliament to overhaul Jamaica's libel law, complaining that the difficulty and cost of fighting off lawsuits, coupled with the risk of huge judgments, are stifling the press and harming freedom of expression.
CARACAS, Venezuela - Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez signed a decree Monday to expropriate a leading farm-supply business, promising to bring down prices of seeds and fertilizers as his government takes control.
CARACAS, Venezuela - Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez promised on Monday to bring down prices of seeds and fertilizer as his government takes over a leading farm-supply business.
- PR dismantles sculpture to accommodate cruises
- Brazilians voting to replace popular leader Silva
- Brazil to pick successor for popular president
- In election, Brazil's Silva hopes for victory lap
- Mutual funds are back in the black for 2010
- Ecuador troops clash with rebellious police
- Problem at Hovensa refinery triggers oil burnoff
- US charges 2 subsidiaries of Swiss company
- Fewer cars, more beaches planned for Old San Juan
- Hundreds of medical workers strike in Jamaica
- Cuba ups gasoline prices about 10 percent
- Chavez fights for control in congressional vote
- Cuba details brave new world of private enterprise
- Petrobras set to price biggest share offer
- Petrobras raises $70B in biggest share offer
- Petrobras raises $70B in offer, world's largest
- Countries and products covered by formula recall
- Bugs in baby formula? Parents worried about recall
- Cuba summons workers to explain coming layoffs
- Cuban minister recalls NY Malcolm X-Castro meeting
- Peru cops take power plant back from coca growers
- Peru coca growers paralyze power plant
- Emerging markets offer growth, and fishmeal
- Senate confirms director overseeing VOA, TV Marti
- Caterpillar sales accelerate across the globe
- Cuba offers 19 ways Obama can loosen US embargo
- Cuba criticizes Obama for keeping embargo
- Self-employment key to Cuban economic overhaul
- Scandals not slowing Brazil front runner
- Document charts Cuba's path to economic reform
- Cuba's leaders lay out details for layoffs
- Study: Commodities can fuel Latin America's growth
- Cuba to cut 500,000 gov't workers, reform salaries
- Castro says he was misinterpreted on Cuban economy
- Burger King buyer names rail exec as future CEO