ALBANY, N.Y. - Former New York state Comptroller Alan Hevesi has turned himself in and will plead guilty to a felony corruption charge for taking gifts while running the state's multibillion dollar pension fund, a person close to the investigation told The Associated Press.
CLARKSTON, Mich. - A small town in Michigan has eliminated its police department as a way to save money.
LIBERAL, Kansas - Colorado gubernatorial hopeful Dan Maes' murky past in law enforcement in neighboring Kansas has become the latest distraction in his gaffe-ridden campaign.
BEIJING - Chinese police fatally shot a Tibetan protester during a demonstration last week, state media reported Monday, saying the man was hit by stray warning rounds.
JOHANNESBURG - Thousands of civil servants took to the streets across South Africa on Thursday in a peaceful demonstration for higher wages, while police management tried to bar officers from joining a nationwide strike entering its second week.
- Law enforcement: Airline threat 'non-credible'
- Jetliner grounded in San Francisco after threat
- Law enforcement: Bomb threat halted takeoff
- AP IMPACT: Border Patrol sees spike in suicides
- Calif AG: Bell officials must disclose pay records
- Justice gives Az. sheriff deadline in rights case
- Outrage remains after CA council votes to cut pay
- High-paid CA council members vote to slash pay
- Mayor of Calif. city to stop taking high salary
- High-paid CA council members say they'll slash pay
- High-paid council members say they'll slash pay
- Calif. subpoenas LA suburb records in salary probe
- Calif. town's council likely to see angry public
- Calif. town outraged to learn of officials' pay
- Residents warn of recall if council members remain
- Police: 2 killed in Russian power station attack
- Disgraced ex-OC sheriff got $215,000 pension
- US yanks license of Mich.-based drug wholesaler
- Kennedy was death threat magnet, FBI file shows
- Ex-cop claims Uribe's brother led death squad
- Too little stimulus for some police departments
- Sestak, Specter in Senate primary homestretch
- Portland police chief fired following settlement
- Portland mayor fires police chief
- Obama praises law enforcement on car bomb response
- Officials: Jet restroom smoker caused bomb scare
- Former FBI director monitors Daimler
- LAPD chief, district attorney defend crime exhibit
- NY governor's protectors show knack for upheaval
- Dubai: 15 more suspects in Hamas slaying
- Law official: Airline bomb suspect flips on cleric
- Border fence plagued by glitches, long delays
- IG: FBI circumvented law to get phone records
- FBI contacts former staff in Ensign sex case
- Miss. sheriffs oppose closing juvenile facility