CHICAGO - Rahm Emanuel is on the campaign trail.
SAO PAULO - A one-time Marxist guerrilla chosen by Brazil's most popular leader in history to succeed him was the front-runner in Sunday's presidential election and hoped to pull off what even her predecessor couldn't: a first-round win with no need for a runoff.
RIGA, Latvia - Voters in Latvia, one of the world's most recession-scarred economies, have extended the mandate to the current center-right government to continue painful economic reforms, results of an exit poll and partial count of Saturday's election show.
CHICAGO - Months of political jockeying began in earnest Wednesday as speculation grew about who would try to succeed Mayor Richard M.
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. - An initiative barring taxes on home and land sales is clear to appear on Missouri's ballot after the state dropped an appeal Friday of a judge's decision ordering the election.
- Election official: Chavez breaking campaign rules
- High-paid CA council members vote to slash pay
- UK manufacturing center is election battleground
- LA City Council makes push for control of utility
- Venezuela annuls election of anti-Chavez mayor
- Mass. certifies GOP's Brown as Kennedy successor
- Brown taking over the late Sen. Kennedy's seat
- Brown demands to be sworn in earlier than planned
- China envoy's Taiwan visit stirs backlash
- Thousands of Taiwanese protest China envoy's visit
- Chinese envoy's visit to test Taiwan's Ma
- Baucus girlfriend eyed US attorney post for years
- Opposition scores gains in Taiwan local elections
- AP News in Brief